Suggestions on type of training for my puppy? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Suggestions on type of training for my puppy?

Layla is just finishing her puppy basics class. She is 5.5 months old. She is the strangest little puppy I've ever had in that she is extremely mature for her age. I had one evening of fear, wondering if something was "wrong" with her, and began looking up all kinds of illnesses (why do we do that to ourselves?). She's always been very calm for a puppy (but definitely gets rambunctious); she's never chewed anything she shouldn't have; *she* decided a week or so ago that she was really too big to sleep in her crate, so I gave her that option and she has done extremely well; her training is kicking in well and she's really good at the basics; I bring her to work with me 1x a week and she does fantastic in the office. She has very high prey drive. She's very food-driven. Independent. Fantastic temperament. Loves people and is warming up to other dogs very well these days.

I'm thinking of working on Canine Good Citizen training. Any other ideas? Tracking?

Spending more than a few hours a day in a forum is unhealthy and makes people mean
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:17 PM

she sounds like a great girl !! I'd go for the CGC, and then maybe some rally?? obedience?? agility??? tracking??? herding??? The possibilities are endless !

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Crowned Member

Sounds quite a bit like Stosh- he earned his CGC at 5 mos. Now we're on to advanced obedience, lots of off leash stuff. Good job with Layla, she sounds like a sweetheart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Knighted Member

Sounds like a great little pup!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
Sounds quite a bit like Stosh- he earned his CGC at 5 mos. Now we're on to advanced obedience, lots of off leash stuff. Good job with Layla, she sounds like a sweetheart.
FIVE months?! WOW! That is very impressive!

Spending more than a few hours a day in a forum is unhealthy and makes people mean
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page