not fully potty trained yet... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

not fully potty trained yet...

I have a 9 month old GSD named Koda. She is excellent and sometimes i think she is too smart for her own good. I got her in the the middle of winter and there was a ton of snow outside and we went through a month long phase of her in a cast because she broke her toe trying to let herself out of her cage. So that all made it a little more difficult early on. But here we are months later and she still has not fully figured it out. she will go a week and a half of pottying outside and then all the sudden its like she forgets, and she pees in the house. i work second shift from 3pm to 11am and my fiance works 7pm to 7am so there really isnt a lot of time during the day when she is not supervised, and when she cant be supervised she is in her crate. I guess my question is what is going wrong here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Crowned Member

Is she peeing in her crate when you're not there or is it when she's out and about in the house when someones home?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Knighted Member

She wouldn't have a urinary infection at all?

Miss Molly Moo (aka The Piranha/The four legged Mouth) GSD 31/10
Raennik Hassan (Cooper) GSD 19/10/11
Paris Tabby Cat 15 years
Texas Tabby Cat 15 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Nope she has had no accidents in her crate since she first came home.

Not sure about the urinary infection. it doesnt seem like shje is going excessively just not in the right spot. ha
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Crowned Member

Maybe start like she was a new pup. Limit the water, and take her out every hour or 2. If she isn't sick, then she will eventually get it.

Mom to
Chases Wolfgang Heinrich Von Ryan aka Wolfie born 12/20/09
Waiting for us at the bridge is Chases Chieftain aka Chiefy Left this earth and left a hole in our hearts July 2000
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesmom View Post
Maybe start like she was a new pup. Limit the water, and take her out every hour or 2. If she isn't sick, then she will eventually get it.
Yeah just keep reinforcing the potty training until it works. Take her out every hour and when she goes make sure to praise her on what a good job she did.

If she continues to go in the house even while taking her out this much, i'd take her to the vet for a checkup. It could be a UTI, but for now, keep reinforcing the training like she's still 8 weeks old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page