Potty Accident or Marking? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Potty Accident or Marking?

Our doxie had a potty accident in my hallway on Tuesday. I cleaned it up and put some agent on it so that it wouldn't stain / smell.

Last night I was in my bedroom folding towels and I heard Hondo pee in the hallway ! He has only had one accident in the house since the day we brought him home. Solid as a rock. Then there you have it, nearly right in front of me.

Because I had a towel in my hand, I screamed NO! at him and threw the towel at him. The snot grabbed the towel and took off running ! I followed him and tossed him outside (Not physically, he is 90 lbs now @ nearly 11 months).

What bothered me most was his attitude. He was like "Whoo-Hoo! Life is just peachy!" No response to my anger at all. AND when he did get to come back in he walked right by the spot with no reaction at all. I used to have to be very careful with him because he is so sensitive. If he was scolded before dinner, he wouldn't eat. If he was scolded during play he'd quit.

This darn Doxie has had accidents in the house before, she is getting much better, but they still happen. And Hondo has NEVER marked over it, until now. He had only been in the house a max of 30 minutes since his last potty break. The Doxie is spade.

WTF? Is he marking or testing? In a case like this, is it the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Master Member

I would vote marking. Sorry for laughing about him grabbing the towel and taking off with it!

Spending more than a few hours a day in a forum is unhealthy and makes people mean
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page