commands to use for training? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to raven Send a message via MSN to raven Send a message via Skype™ to raven
commands to use for training?

so far hemi responds to "hemi come", "hemi up" and "hemi stop" (sometimes) im wondering if i could change the last one to "hemi kill" cause my neighbor uses that with his dog (black lab) and shes big and its not something you wanna hear when the dog is running at you haha so i figured its perfect for a german but i wanna get your opinion..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:31 PM
HMV

Sounds funny and appeals to my sense of humor, (teaching the dog to associate the word kill with the action stop). The only problem I can foresee is people phoning the police telling them your telling your dog to kill and I can imagine it's not going to help matters much if the dog runs to someone with a weak heart and you shout KILL..

ups, Das hat er noch nie gemacht!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to raven Send a message via MSN to raven Send a message via Skype™ to raven
lol i know ^_^ then the cops/ human socity will come and see he is a sweetheart and we can have a laugh about it :P i basicly would only say kill is when someone i dont trust is at the door, or if he somehow ran away lol cause i believe he is gonna be HUGE..he is 2 months and 24 days and his floor to shoulder blade length is 11" already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 PM

We were camping one time and the two girls age 7 & 8 were walking to the toilets (within sight). They walked past a camper where they had a Rotti. As they passed by the dog began to come out (probably to say hi) and the owner began yelling "BITE, BITE". This terrified the girls who would not otherwise be afraid of nice dogs.

Turns out they had 'named' their dog Bite and were just calling him back.
I think you might re-think what you plan to do.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

lol my mom didnt find it funny so its not gonna happen >_>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page