leerburg training - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

leerburg training

just want to find out if anyone has used the methods of establishing pack structure dvd that leerburg offers. If so, did you consider it worth the 40 dollars he charges. I need to get some one on one help with Gunther, and a dvd might be helpful? Thank you in advance for your help. I need some training on establishing myself as leader.

Gunther: GSD Chloe-Daschund
Cappy, Pharoh, Scooby, Bitty-One all beloved kitties
RIP-Doc our beloved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Crowned Member

Re: leerburg training

IMO the dvd's are advertisements for other dvd's in diguise. There is usable information, but not worth the price. Your money would be better spent with a reputable trainer working with you and your dog.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Crowned Member

I would recommend a trainer/behaviorist and/or a few good behavior books over those videos.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Knighted Member

I don't know about pack structure one but his dvd with Flinks on drive, grip, and focus is pretty good.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 AM

I have tons of his dvd. For the money I like 8 weeks to 8 mnths. Pack structure isn't bad. I thought the basic obedience one was light. Almost an infomercial for their other products.

I also liked clicker training and building drive and focus.

For the money 8 wks to 8 mnths has a lot of info.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 AM

To be honest you shouldn’t pay for leerburg videos, as Michelle point out those are more infomercials for all his other products and videos.
If the video was a gift for buying anything else should be ok, but pay $40.00 to watch advertising about his other products or videos... sorry not my cup of tea.
I paid for”Basic Dog Obedience” and “Dealing with Dominant and Aggressive dogs” both second hand from Amazon, paid less than 1/3rd of the original price and still not worth it.

Frank
Savannah's Dad
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Jason LinI don't know about pack structure one but his dvd with Flinks on drive, grip, and focus is pretty good.
John has this one and seemed to have learned a lot from it. I haven't watched it, personally, but John uses the tips with Jerzey every day.

Ashley,
proud owner of:
Jerzey, Bi-color GSD. 4/23/08
Koji, spotted shelter kitty.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Knighted Member

I'm not a big fan of Ed's older videos with the exception of the Flinks videos (drive and focus, preparing your dog for the helper). I know he just came out with a marker training video that shold be pretty good. If Michael Ellis is not in it, all of his methods are because Michael is the reason for their conversion to marker training.

John
- Zahar vom Leerburg "Lowen"

- Diesel vom Kriegershaus "Diesel" BH

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

Jane, agree. Leerburg has been helpful with my son's dog; however, A good trainer would be morwe beneficial.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Knighted Member

The thing I really like about the flinks dvds is you get to watch Bernhard Flinks work with dogs (I am impressed by how gentle/positive he is with them). So unlike the more info heavy dvds which are more or less just lectures and therefore have very little rewatchability, these you can go back to again and again and learn from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page