Schutzhund training question - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Schutzhund training question

Hello everyone. I was recently asked to join a new local Working Dog Association. I was told they teach Schutzhund, which admittedly, I've never seen the training before. I checked out their website & watched the training & decided it's not what we are looking for. (the trainers seemed inexperienced to me) Anyway, a friend of mine joined & stopped by afterwards the other day. She was telling me about the training. She said they tied a shoe string around her dogs neck & "choked him out until he collapsed & passed out" to teach dominance & they kick him repeatedly in the front legs to teach him to lay.
Is that normal in Schutzhund? Like i said, I've never seen the training so I don't know but that seems rather drastic to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Schutzhund training question

What?!!!!!!!!! Tell your friend to run away as fast as she can and to report them!!!

Carolina Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

No, that is most certainly NOT normal SchH training. That's abuse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Crowned Member

Def. abuse and I would report it to either local authorities or preferably their parent club.

Angela

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Crowned Member

troll?

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Master Member

I have seen some use stupid things like that, and even defend it! <u>Do NOT believe that these people are trainers, they are scum and they will injured your dog mentally and physically! DO report them, it is absolutely in excusable to "choke a dog out".</u> AHH! I can't believe that there are so many people that do these things, it is so frustrating! It is really difficult because they always have some kind of impressive credentials police, military k9 etc. and people will do what they say for whatever reason. It's crazy.

Missing Alex
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick replies! I am so glad ya'll say that! I was hoping that it wasn't a "normal" training method. Where would I report something like that?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted By: onyx'girltroll?
LOL, no, I'm not a troll but I feel your pain. I hate trolls.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Master Member

Your local animal control officer and/or police dept. should be able to pay them a visit.

Missing Alex
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Crowned Member

That's terrible!

I bought this DVD for my obedience training when I didn't know anything. Ivan is one of the top SchH trainers in the country.

http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=DTB803
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page