Most Unique Tricks - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Most Unique Tricks

I am making a wish-list of unique tricks. What are some of the most "off the wall" tricks that you have seen/heard of a dog doing? I got some ideas from YouTube - piano playing, balancing a ball on the nose throwing it up and catching it, etc. I need some ideas so we can start building up to them! Thank you.

*Tetley's Mom*

Tetley - GSD 1 Yr Old
Cheddar - Orange Tabby Cat
Cannoli - B&W Ragdoll Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Nikkoli110
Re: Most Unique Tricks

One thing I'd love to see, saw it a long time ago on either America's Funniest Videos or Pet Star. I think it was a Doberman who got up on its hind legs, opened a fridge, got a beer, brought it to the owner, then when he was done she would recycle it. That was awesome.

Here is a clip with a border collie getting a beer:

Dog Gets A Beer

Another one I'd like I heard about from my sister's boyfriend. He went to a client one day who had a harlequin great dane in her office. She'd go "Ok Bowzer, you ready?" And he'd go sit down, she'd pretend to pull out two guns out of her pocket, and she'd go "Bam, Bam" and he'd slowly lay down, turn on his back, legs up and play dead. Loved the story, would have loved to see it.

Also love the ones where dogs balance the treats on their nose, and when you say ok flip it up in the air and eat it. I'm sure dogs on here do it.

I still love the paper trick, too. Got to get one of mine to do that!

Nikki
Proud Mom to
Katie black & tan GSD 3 years old
Titan all black GSD 2 years old
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to DancingCavy Send a message via MSN to DancingCavy Send a message via Yahoo to DancingCavy

Blowing bubbles in water, lifting their lips, tucking themselves into a bed. . .

I'm sure I've seen others but I just can't think of them right now.

~Jamie~
Risa W-FDM/MF RA RL1 (AoE) CA CGC WCX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Risa's Blog)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 PM

I have an over exuberant Chesapeake that would jump on anything and nothing I tried detered him for long so I used that against him and taught him to bounce so now I say bounce and he does just like Tigger all over the house and the urge to jump has disappeared! He looks like a dork going from a sit stay to bouncing off his back legs in mid air. Gauge is my comic relief most days he does whatever silly thing I ask him to do. I hide his toys and tell him to search if you put them in a box make sure its big enough for him to get his head out Gauge ran around the house with the box on his head for a few because he was to greedy to let go of the treasure inside.

I dream of the day there is no need for animal rescues or shelters, a day when puppy mills cease to be a harsh reality!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Crowned Member

My terrier would play a synthesizer keyboard. He also learned how to paint. I also started to teach him to ride a skateboard but I never finished training that.

(the photo was when he was being taught to paint, at a pet show demo)

I always wanted to teach a dog to hold a treat on their nose, then flip it up in the air to be caught by another dog sitting behind them. I have a book called "How to Get Your Pet Into Show Business" by Captain Haggerty which lists a lot of really neat tricks. The author also wrote a book called "How to Teach Your Dog to Talk" which is all about tricks. I also have two other books with a lot more ideas: Quick Clicks and Clicker Fun. If you go to Amazon and search for Quick Clicks you can read the table of contents to see what tricks they list.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM

How about a handstand?

The most powerful feeling is the knowing you belong, and you are right were you should be
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:10 PM

i was watching Pet Star also and the coolest trick i ever saw was a smaller dog doing backwards hand flips, or whatever u call it. Like gymnists do!!!

Saint (GSD) 11/23/08
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Oranges81How about a handstand?
I like it! But do you think it's too hard for a GSD (full grown)? I have seen little dogs do it, but don't know about bigger dogs.

*Tetley's Mom*

Tetley - GSD 1 Yr Old
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: jimmym1981i was watching Pet Star also and the coolest trick i ever saw was a smaller dog doing backwards hand flips, or whatever u call it. Like gymnists do!!!
That's awesome. Little, energetic dogs can do the coolest things sometimes!

*Tetley's Mom*

Tetley - GSD 1 Yr Old
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: ChicagocanineI have a book called "How to Get Your Pet Into Show Business" by Captain Haggerty which lists a lot of really neat tricks...
Thanks for the recs. I will look into them for sure.

*Tetley's Mom*

Tetley - GSD 1 Yr Old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page