nervous accidents.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

nervous accidents..

I just adopted a 7month female GSD and when I went to visit/adopt the pup as soon as she saw us, she came up and began licking and jumping around a little bit like she was excited to see us..then she peed right there on the floor in the person's foyer then again a few seconds later. After a minute or so of "getting to know us" the behavior seemed to cease but I was a bit concerned. We ruled out any medical conditions with a visit to the vet but still, when we come home from a couple hours out or a new person comes to the house, she will piddle a few drops of urine as she runs around the person as if happy to see them. I'm kinda at a loss as what to do about this. Anyone have any experience with this problem and know of any advice/solutions that might help?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Crowned Member

Re: nervous accidents..

Welcome to the site! Last night on the show Its me or the dog, there was a male lab that did this. Victoria Stillwell told the owners to have the dog sit. They usually won't pee while in this position.

This was originally posted in another thread:
Here's some articles to help:

http://www.perfectpaws.com/subr.html

http://www.usask.ca/wcvm/herdmed/app.../suburine.html

http://www.clickandtreat.com/webart105.htm

http://www.sspca.org/Dogs/Urination.html

http://www.phsspca.org/training/qa_s..._urination.htm

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Master Member

i had that problem with annie when she was a puppy.
but i don't remenber what we did to correct the problem!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Ok...good articles. Now I have a place to start. I'll try the less dominant approach to her as we enter the house coupled with some of the simple commands that she knows like "Sit"/ "Shake" and see if this helps.

THANKS everyone for the info.

=D
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Crowned Member

There is a difference from Exciting Pee and Submissive peeing. I approach them differently. I didn't read the links, so can't say what advice is there.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Elite Member

KC will sit and pee at the same time. Still trying things for us but she is getting better as she is getting older. This weekend was a disaster when we had company. At least they were understanding.

Danielle

Mace, Hexe and Blackjack
Along with Charlie, Oggy and Luna the cats
Plus Chickens, Ducks, Geese and Guinea fowl!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Master Member

i never had a nervous pee problem with beamer but when i brought her to my grandmothers house for the first time, she pooped twice inside (this was a couple months ago) she had three accidents in our house in the first month we had her, NOTHING after that so she is completely housebroken. i chalked it up to being a nervous thing, so maybe its the same? she hasnt done it at her house since that time, & we havent brought her in someone elses house so idk?

beamer - black/tan gsd 6/11/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page