SO proud of Lucy! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

SO proud of Lucy!

We are having t-storms here today, and I know that Lucy's mental health depends on exercise, so in between storms I took her to the beach. There was a large family there with several very small children, toddlers on up. Lucy loves people, especially the short variety. I left her on leash while I walked by them, and then saw a training opportunity. I let her get interested in the kids, and she was standing at the end of my six foot lead, but without tension. Just standing there laser focused on the babies. I told her to come and she immediately spun and came, and sat right in front of me. She did that twice. No hesitation at all. Glad I brought treats!
So when I was farther down the beach I let her off leash and she ran around, but never went far away. Ignored all of the people that were within sight, and never made like she was even THINKING of taking off.
I love that pup.

Lisa
Owned by:
Lucina v Dare, GSD
Fancy Me Deuce (Tedy) APHA gelding
Purple Haze Nirvana AQHA mare
Trooper rescue kitty and senior fur kid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Re: SO proud of Lucy!

Just wanted to add that in the five or so visits to the beach prior to today her recall off leash was 100%, even from a pretty good distance. But there weren't any other people around. This is the first time she's had distractions.

Lisa
Owned by:
Lucina v Dare, GSD
Fancy Me Deuce (Tedy) APHA gelding
Purple Haze Nirvana AQHA mare
Trooper rescue kitty and senior fur kid
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Hi Lucina,

Congrats on such a nice dog!!! How old is she?

By the way, we'll be bringing home our female pup (Leika) by tomorrow. She is 7 weeks young.

Really can't wait anymore.

Good luck to you and Lucy!!

Leika 11 (Philippines)

Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without.

-"Bianca von Maxitrend" born on Jan. 28, 2010
-"Falco vom Haus Athena" born on Nov. 6, 2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Hi Lucina,

Congrats on such a nice dog!!! How old is she?

By the way, we'll be bringing home our female pup (Leika) by tomorrow. She is 7 weeks young.

Really can't wait anymore.

Good luck to you and Lucy!!

Leika 11 (Philippines)

Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without.

-"Bianca von Maxitrend" born on Jan. 28, 2010
-"Falco vom Haus Athena" born on Nov. 6, 2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page