PUPPY DEMON ON FOUR LEGS - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

PUPPY DEMON ON FOUR LEGS

Hi all,
My daughter has Bearlas baby 1/2 sister, The problem is i got Bearla when she was approx 11 to 12 wks old, they got Misty at 6 months old. I had absolutely no problem housebreaking Bearla due to age and my own experience with GSD.

I have tried everything to help them housebreak this demon, and she just wont have anything to do with it. My son in law will take her for half hr walks and she will hold it until they get home and in the house. He takes her right back out and places her poop where they want her to go, my daughter has experienced the same thing. So have i.

Despite praise, treats, etc and even taking her out with my daughters Chihuhua or out with Bearla and our pit, Misty just will not have anything to do with it. I think she spent alot of her time in the puppy barn or kennel where she was born, but our breeder did have her in the house alot so im at a loss. She actually holds it. If my daughter goes out, she breaks out of her kennel and will leave a path of destruction and poop everywhere.

Misty is starting obedience training tonight, they are using parts of the amichen training and nilif but still this demon will go crazy unless her big sis is there to keep her in line.

any advice?

I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who im not. An old shoshoni saying about loosing someone you love, MY HEART IS ON THE GROUND, NOW I MUST PICK IT UP AND MOVE ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Crowned Member

Re: PUPPY DEMON ON FOUR LEGS

Do they have her on a leash for the potty breaks. I got Raya at 8 months old and it took her a while to be comfortable enough to pee when give the command on leash, we are still working on the poo on leash on command.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Crowned Member

Re: PUPPY DEMON ON FOUR LEGS

Take her where she can run and play when it's potty time.

I've never seen a pup 'hold it' if they are exercised when it's time...

And find a crate she cannot escape. As long as she can find her own spot away from the crate, she'll do it.

Good luck.

Anne

Nothing is as simple as it seems or as complicated as we make it~

Attitude is everything -- Pick a good one!
Sofie AKA Ussina vom Haus Brezel
Jack von Jagenstadt
Tatty - Burmese bad cat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page