german shepherd trainers? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Thecowboysgirl
  • 1 Post By eddie1976E

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

german shepherd trainers?

Hello everyone, I wanted to see if anyone new of any trainers who specialize in german shepherds ins southern New Hampshire northern Massachusetts area. I am a first time german shepherd owner and I have him going to group classes with trainers that are just generally educated in training and are very passionate they are definitely good trainer. he is currently 6 months old and I just feel he needs more structure because he has some behavioral issues and is under confident. I tried to contact a german shepherd trainer I got recommended to me but after one reply I asked how his training was structured and priced and he never got back to me. I will definitely continue the group classes but I want to talk to someone educated on the breed he is my first gsd and I want to have all the advice and tools necessary to make sure he lives a happy and well balanced life. Thank you all so much for your help all information is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Crowned Member

Janice Ritter in MA has experience with this breed although now she only has malinois I believe. I know of her through my dog's breeder and also have seen her compete with her malinois.

There is another guy near Boston, Scott Dunmore. I have not met him but heard good things.

Also there is this club, they do lots of different stuff and might be able to suggest a trainer who could help with what you speficially need

http://www.gsdcsnh.org/
car2ner likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the information! it is greatly appreciated !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon.sad22 View Post
Hello everyone, I wanted to see if anyone new of any trainers who specialize in german shepherds ins southern New Hampshire northern Massachusetts area. I am a first time german shepherd owner and I have him going to group classes with trainers that are just generally educated in training and are very passionate they are definitely good trainer. he is currently 6 months old and I just feel he needs more structure because he has some behavioral issues and is under confident. I tried to contact a german shepherd trainer I got recommended to me but after one reply I asked how his training was structured and priced and he never got back to me. I will definitely continue the group classes but I want to talk to someone educated on the breed he is my first gsd and I want to have all the advice and tools necessary to make sure he lives a happy and well balanced life. Thank you all so much for your help all information is greatly appreciated!
K9 Top Performance in Reading MA is excellent. The owner, Steve Roberts is a great trainer. He knows and understands GSDs. He requires an evaluation of every dog before enrolling in class. The evaluation is inexpensive and you will have plenty of time to discuss your concerns and to ask questions.
The facility is in doors and the training area is huge and clean.

Mike, owner and trainer of K9 East is also a very good trainer of GSDs.
His evaluation is expensive.
And his classes are more expensive than K9 Top Performance.
I think K9 East has a couple of locations.

Fortunate K9 is in Derry, NH. I’ve heard really good things about the owner/trainer there. And the facility.

All 3 places have websites.

Good luck.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Elite Member

Another option would be Julie Blanding. I know her personally and she knows her stuff. I have trained with her. She has been training with Michael Ellis and he recommended her to me a few years back.

https://www.packofpawsdogtraining.co...ulie-blanding/
Thecowboysgirl likes this.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone ! I have already started contacting each trainer to see which is the best fit for my lil but soon to be big man! I really do appreciate all this advice I have always loved the breed and want to give him the life he deserves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page