Whining/barking/jumping please help - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Whining/barking/jumping please help

I'm really at a loss here.
My German shepherd husky puppy is 13 weeks old and I really don't know what to do.
Every time I pick her up, everytime she gets excited, everytime she gets scared, everytime she refuses, SHE.WILL.PEE. Sometimes dribbles, others just a line of pee shooting out especially when holding her.
On top of that, I have taught her to go to her doggy house when told. She knows.
Now all of a sudden when I talk to her and she will sit still and just look at me but as soon as the words "Go to your House" come out of my mouth she loses it. She will excessively run around in circles barking, not even barking, YIPPING, whining her heart out, jumping in the air, refusing to go. She knows what she's supposed to do and refuses. I'm not supposed to discipline her so what in the actual world am I supposed to do? She is UNTEACHABLE. She will not obey ANYTHING I tell her to do. It's ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Did I mention she is a whiner? Every time I look at her or in her prescience she will whine. It's not cute. I can't even play with her anymore due to her biting excessively and scratching my face and getting cuts all over my body. She will soil her bedding and honestly not give a single crud in the world and in fact will even sleep with poop. I can't potty train her. It's been 4 weeks, she will hold in for about two hours while I'm outside waiting for her to go, as soon as I let her in, she will squat and pee. When she is on a leash she goes BONKERS and runs into everything doing the exact same thing when I tell her to go to her house. I have tried peed pads, taking her out every 30 minutes, ignore her when she subconsciously pees, I don't hit her, I hold her snout shut for a few seconds sternly saying no, I spend hours trying to train her, positive training only.
This dog is literally not even a dog I have never met a dog this crazy and ridiculously whiney and just in general absolutely ridiculous.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Can someone please help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 11:20 AM

Sounds like a normal 13 week old pup to me.

Maybe try more exercise (mental and physical) throughout the day?

Sounds like she's got some anxiety - how long have you had the pup?

Since the first day I bought our little girl home we worked on her confidence, yet limited her movement through the house. Her crate was her safe place. I don't let the kids mess with her while she's in there and have a cover over the top so it's nice and dim and cozy.

If she's pooping in her crate - you need to buy a good enzymatic cleaner and wash it VERY good. Also it's probably a safe bet that if the pup is soiling their den, then they have too much room (or you need to take them out more regularly) I have a 3hr recurring alarm that our pup (14 weeks) goes out on. I make sure she's had plenty of exercise and play time before she goes back in the crate. I cut off food and water at 9pm and bedtime is 11pm. I still give her little sips of water through the night (but she only gets up twice a night now) 11pm - 2am - 5am - get the kids off to school then out again at 8am - and every 3 hrs after.

If you're getting upset with the pup - or frustrated - they can sense it. I know it's hard to deal with sometimes but they are just babies. If you raise them with love and patience then you'll have a lifelong companion. Patience is the #1 rule with pups - because they do some dumb sh*t, lol...

Good luck and I hope you get it figured out for both your sakes.

I would also offer he advice to call around for a reputable trainer in your area - you need to build the foundation for your young pup the right way and an experienced trainer is the only way to do it - until you have the knowledge and experience yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page