Pawing & Scratching! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sebrench

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Pawing & Scratching!

My 17 week old German Shepherd recently started waking me up every morning by pawing me to take him out & feed him. We get up, he goes potty - typically voiding a pee and poop -, comes inside and eats and I go back to bed. No playing, no attnetion, just straight to the point. He wakes up at 745 am on the dot. I work second shift and get home/into bed after 1 am. Problem is after all of the business is over, he doesn't want to go back to bed - instead he stands on his back paws onto the bed and digs his nails in my arms and back. I've tried ignoring him hoping it will work, he has only more gotten smarter in he pulls the blanket off my fiancé and I! He even started ripping the pillow out from under my head! He isn't home alone at all, as my fiancé is home with him all day long. He gets two 20 minute walks or so a day (weather provided) and he usually goes to bed 1245-130am or so. He gets plenty of attention a play time. I'm sure he could use more.... but... He just won't stop scratching! I don't know what else to do other than put him in the crate just to get another hour of decent sleep in the morning but his scratching his what is concerning me. It's extremely painful and telling him no isn't working. I don't want to get mad at my dog. I love my dog, and he loves me. But it's getting increasingly frustrating very quickly because it hurts so bad. Please help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Knighted Member

I would just crate the puppy while you are sleeping. I still keep my 10 month old in his crate at night.
Deb likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

I would do the same, some quiet crate time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Elite Member

after taking the dog out to potty i just close my bedroom door with her not in it and go back to sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page