barking control help . - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

barking control help .

I bought a citronella bark collar for when I'm not home . I'd like to train my dog to not bark excessively. The collar is only for when I can't correct bubbles like when I'm at work. I don't know what techniques to use to train my dog to not bark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

A neighbor threatened me to call animal control because of excessive barking. Even though it is his fault. He thinks he is king of the neighborhood and complains to hoa. I've caught him several times peeping over my fence making my dog bark. My dogs protecting her territory and I haven't been able to catch him on camera . So I need to stop and train bubble from barking in the meantime.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Banned

Your problem is not your dog but your neighbour. Don't hesitate to contact police first and tell them that you have been HARASSED regularly. You have to go there and write down a report. Your neighbour could be a sexual maniacal nut, if he's staring through the fence; ladies, the dog owners are their favourite prey - he knows what he's doing when he irritates your dog! But, don't stress this dog issue to police, it should not be that important for them in YOUR case. And, don't talk to him at all!
It would be absolutely impossible to do anything with your dog, as good training comes with cool head. You are stressed and your dog feels the same.
And, beware of dog poisoning! Very typical of maniacs, he will glue your attention forever!

Last edited by David Taggart; 05-04-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taggart View Post
Your problem is not your dog but your neighbour. Don't hesitate to contact police first and tell them that you have been HARASSED regularly. You have to go there and write down a report. Your neighbour could be a sexual maniacal nut, if he's staring through the fence; ladies, the dog owners are their favourite prey - he knows what he's doing when he irritates your dog! But, don't stress this dog issue to police, it should not be that important for them in YOUR case. And, don't talk to him at all!
It would be absolutely impossible to do anything with your dog, as good training comes with cool head. You are stressed and your dog feels the same.
And, beware of dog poisoning! Very typical of maniacs, he will glue your attention forever!
My friend has seen him pop his head over the fence, too. I'm going to report it even if it does turn into his word against mine. Yeah I'm really scared about poisoning. I hate to have him as neighbor much longer. It stresses me out and worries me especially for bubbles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page