My Training Has Paid Off!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

My Training Has Paid Off!!!

Today, on Lisl's six month birthday I had to work a six hour shift.

Lisl went into her crate and I thought I had latched both latches, but apparently I missed the bottom latch. She squirmed out of her crate sometime while I was gone.

I don't have any idea how long she was out but her water was all drank and about half her food was gone inside the crate.

She was waiting at the back door for me, excited to see me and we immediately went to the back yard and she did her business. Not having seen the rest of the house, at least it was a relief to see her go potty.

We came back in and the inspection started.

Not one thing was out of place. Nothing was chewed up. All of my boots and shoes were right were I had lined them up, and no potty on the floor! I searched upstairs in all of the rooms and all the downstairs rooms and all were just as I had left them this morning.

Even the bowl full of Hershey's Kisses was still there.

I'm so proud of her I can't hardly keep the buttons on my shirt!

I was not going to allow her out of her crate unsupervised until she was at least 10 months or older, but I may have to re-think that and start trialing her for short periods alone in the house.

Anyway, I had to share that as I was about to bust.

GOOD DOG LISL!

Bear, Anna, Molly, Ossie, and The Countess Lisl von Schlaf

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Elite Member

Good Lisl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Penny - GSD - 11/11/2012
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel - GSD - 03/15/2010 - 11/05/2012
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Knighted Member

What a good girl Lisl is
We started leaving Bear out of his crate at around 6 months for short increments.
After 2 weeks we started leaving him out for more than an hour and he was really good, which was amazing considering how destructive he is with his toys

Bear GSD 10/16/11
Elsa GSD 12/23/03 - 11/10/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Master Member

Good dog! It is fun and satisfying to actually SEE that the efforts you put into your pup paying off!

HIC, CD, IPO 2

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Yes, it's very rewarding. I'm really very happy with her and very proud of her.

I wasn't as worried about her pottying in the house as I was with her getting into everything or chewing up my very expensive audio cables and my work boots and shoes. I'm confident of her potty housebreaking.

She probably went upstairs and sacked out on the bed until she heard the garage door start rolling up and came down to greet me.

I love her so much and she's made me very proud.

Bear, Anna, Molly, Ossie, and The Countess Lisl von Schlaf

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page