Just Somthing I Learned - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Just Somthing I Learned

I couldnt get my little girl athena who is 4 months to do anything for her old treats and training her to even sit was impossible. So today I was in petsmart and saw these Pet Botanics® Mini Training Rewards for Dogs - Sale - Dog - PetSmart
Athena wasnt to interested to do anything for a treat, I have tried 5 different brands.

Finally today I bought thought sense they were 2 bucks, and i bought a clicker for 1.49.

Within 30 minutes she has accomplished the command sit, down, and high five, to where she does it everytime you say it now.

So if anyone has a petsmart near them these treats are great, she will do anything to get me to give her one of them. Only being 2 bucks for 200 of them can't really go wrong. Nothing else worked to get her hyped up enough to wanna do what i say till I bought these. She now stays focused and does as I command to get her treat any other treats i use to use she just didnt care to much for.

Athena(Black/Silver) GSD - born 12/15/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:33 AM

That's awesome. I've been looking for some good, small treats to use for training. (The price tag helps too!)

Thank you for your information.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMoo View Post
That's awesome. I've been looking for some good, small treats to use for training. (The price tag helps too!)

Thank you for your information.
Yeah I knew they were great when I got her to sit still in the bath tub during a bath with them.

Hopefully your dog will like them this much as well, from the reviews on the petsmart site seems a lot of people have had success with them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Elite Member

I get those all the time, and these in a few flavors to break into smaller pieces since their main ingredients are chicken and chicken liver and are also like 2 bucks (not some random grain) Bil-Jac Yapple-nanas Dog Treats - Sale - Dog - PetSmart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Megan
Lara
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(12/14/2012) CGC
Jarvan
(12/25/2015) BH
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 AM
Master Member

We used to get the little beef training ones but he just swallowed them whole so we switched over to the salmon ones for a little while. He loved them a ton and they definitely have a strong smell to get their attention.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla
For safety ( I know, I'm a downer ) check the bag for where they are made.

There has been so many issues with pet treats, I'm always leery of them.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
For safety ( I know, I'm a downer ) check the bag for where they are made.

There has been so many issues with pet treats, I'm always leery of them.
the ones i linked in the OP are made in the USA which is another main reason I gave them a try when I saw them.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Knighted Member

I recently tried pet botanics food rolls with great success, you can try those out too! Looks like a rolled sausage, cut up and store in fridge.

Natalie

enjoying life with Penny 6/04 & Blaze 11/12
while Sasha watches over us

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Elite Member

Cool! Thanks for sharing about the sale. I bought 10 each of chicken, beef, and bacon. Total was $59.70 before tax, so free shipping. Restocking on training treats has been on my to-do list all week!

Amy and the dogs,

Jack - male GSD b. 8/9/10
Lillian - female Weimaraner b. ~2005
RIP Mattie - female GSD 10/18/02 - 7/24/2013
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 02:39 PM

Kratos loves his "Grump's Naturals" its made in Canada (i'm canadian) and at petsmart is 9.98 CND. Our vet sells it for 8.98 so we just buy it there. Anyways, it comes in a variety of different flavours and is dehydrated liver! Our cats are actually fond of it too (Kitten tore open the bag and stole a piece). Plus its great. I just snap off a small piece and one chunk will last several different training sessions, just enough to give him a taste.

It was the ONLY treat he'd eat at first now he's not so picky, but it was great to find a treat he loved. We have the garlic flavour, and thankfully he doesn't get horrible gas from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page