Here Kitty,Kitty, Help!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Question Here Kitty,Kitty, Help!!!

Maggie, is one and she responds to here kitty. Tonight well bringing here in the neighbor, started calling her cat. Maggie, bolted so fast it pulled her lead out of my hand. I could not get her to come to me by kitty and she scared the lady so bad by going in her garage barking and wanting her cat. I have not got her fixed yet, the vet thought if I could wait tell 2 years it would help reduce chances of hip problems later. So not sure if that could have something to do with her behavior, though she has always went for cats. Just will not listen or respond if there is a cat. Help is needed, I know there must be a way to get her to listen to me in all situations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 AM
Banned

you don't have a neutering issue. you have a training and
socializing issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggieone View Post
Maggie, is one and she responds to here kitty. Tonight well bringing here in the neighbor, started calling her cat. Maggie, bolted so fast it pulled her lead out of my hand. I could not get her to come to me by kitty and she scared the lady so bad by going in her

>>>> garage barking and wanting her cat. <<<<

>>>>I have not got her fixed yet,<<<<

the vet thought if I could wait tell 2 years it would help reduce chances of hip problems later. So not sure if that could have something to do with her behavior, though

>>>> she has always went for cats.<<<<

Just will not listen or respond if there is a cat. Help is needed, I know there must be a way to get her to listen to me in all situations.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 08:09 AM
Master Member

her not being fixed is not the problem - even tho there's no need to wait till she's 2 you could have it down now if you wanted.

You need some serious training, is there any classes or trainers in your area? You need to work on her recall (which is not easy especially if they are chasing something).
Do you have a cat?? or is she just chasing the neighbours cat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

I Got Maggie, one day before she was 8 weeks old she is crate trained and has Puppy one and attends nose work classes she has a zip line out back we play fetch inside and work on it for small times outside. She is so distracted with everything outside, although when at her class she has bonds with everyone and its inside a large building she waits and settles well. Her inside manners are well although time to time I will revert back to keeping her tided to me. when shes outside her crate and hand feed her for a week then she'll relax.. maybe the zip line lead is to much freedom she gets about 7 hours out there I visit and spend most the time at home and do short feeding sessions with her and work on rewards. The kids are great though its hard for her to except new friends they bring in we always have them introduce her and give her a treat. though she gets un easy i will put her in here crate till next time.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

on the cat it was next doors, though there are 2 cats and another dog in our home. she is good with the other dog and excited to see the cat though she chases them out once shes settled and chewing on her bone she doesn't bother much when they come around.. Thank You so much for your honest option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page