15 weeks New Emma - Help on trade and defiant mode - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Question 15 weeks New Emma - Help on trade and defiant mode

Emma turned 15 weeks today - and boy is she growing up. I think she is entering the defiant stage. She no longer wants to trade if she has something I want or she should not have.

Example - she rings the bell to go outside and has an inside chew toy in her mouth. I reach down to get it and she runs away. "Come" does not work either as she is so smart she knows why I want her to come : crazy: So folks know I do not want her to take insides toys outside. She has outside toys too

I have learned quickly not to chase her - I loose I have been trying to love her up a lot to show that come does not mean I am taking things away - she just knows what I am up too - even better than the wife....but don't tell her that

How is the best way to correct this situation?

PS she is much better on bight control, not potty accidents in 7 days, is doing sit well, but struggles with down. If the weather holds she goes to a puppy social tomorrow. She really need this as she is barking at the birds and other new things she sees.

Well the bell rang again - no toy, and she she want out to potty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Elite Member

Maybe leave a leash on her in the house so you can reel her in or attach it to your belt so that she'll never get away :P That way you dont mess up "come" as a command too because she's forced to obey every time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Megan
Lara
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(12/14/2012) CGC
Jarvan
(12/25/2015) BH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page