Good day for Emma and a garden question - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Smile Good day for Emma and a garden question

Had two good training sessions. First I need to take stock in Zukes. Of all the treats I have tried the wild rabbit one works the best - almost too well. She loves them. For her a hot dog is so so and she does not care for cheese. What flavors do your dogs like, as all I had was Jack and Sharp Cheddar

Emma is a day shy of 14 weeks -it is amazing the changes in her form last week.

Today Emma was doing a long - for her- sit and stay (20 seconds). I actually got a good down and down and stay too. However she figured out where the treats were coming from (hid behind my back) so training ended and find the treats began. She is getting very strong. (

Between training sessions I had a play session. Emma loves the tug, and kill the tug. She is now bringing the tug to me on a regular basis and we play tug - she is strong enough now to get it out of my grip (I also let her win), and which point she thrashes is around for a minute (kill the tug), then brings it back for me to grab (but gives me the wet end), and we begin again.

I have learned with Emma eye contact is key - if her eyes leave me, then it is time to change up on the command or game, such as end the stay on a good note. I am surprised she did the stay so well. Emma is growing up

She also likes being outside alone now on the deck (within eye site). Yard is escape proof for now and she likes playing in what snow is left. Right now she is sun bathing by the door as it is very warm. Now if I can keep her out of the mud. More snow this weekend, so she should be a happy puppy

One question - how do you keep a puppy from digging in the garden - Is this something you need to catch in the act, say no or leave it, or can you train later to stay out of this area. I do have some fencing I can use later too. Mom will not be happpy to have her garden dug up after she plants, so I need to work on this now....besides muddy paw prints in the house do not go over well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page