FYI - RuffWear dog gear sale at REI - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

FYI - RuffWear dog gear sale at REI

REI is having their Labor Day sale and all RuffWear dog gear is 30% off, including dog boots and backpacks. Check out the link below to see all the RuffWear items -

http://www.rei.com/search?query=ruffwear

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Master Member

Re: FYI - RuffWear dog gear sale at REI

Thanks for the link!

We are loved beyond our capacity to comprehend ~Jewel

Stewie, Orange Tabby, yrs old
Shane, GSD, 20 months
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Crowned Member

Chris! Thanks!

Great-where is the thread talking about the differences between their two backpacks? I am thinking that the dogs I would use a backpack on are actually my smaller ones-I am not sure if Bella would be interested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Crowned Member

Rats - they are having technical difficulties.

Do you know if they have tiny packs? I'd love to get one for Kaynya!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:28 AM

Send a message via MSN to tintallie

Rats!....REI charges a lot for shipping to Canada...back to paying full price I guess.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAANChris! Thanks!

Great-where is the thread talking about the differences between their two backpacks? I am thinking that the dogs I would use a backpack on are actually my smaller ones-I am not sure if Bella would be interested.
Here's the thread you're looking for, Jean.

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...e=2#Post762972

Yes they do make a smaller pack. It's the Approach mentioned in that thread. Their larger pack is the Palisades. The models they have now are the third generation of packs with those names. You may find some of the second generation still around.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Lauri & The GangDo you know if they have tiny packs? I'd love to get one for Kaynya!
I think even the smallest RuffWear Approach dog pack would be too big for tiny dogs. Another make that Chris likes is the Kelty pack. I have no experience with them though. I did notice they have a model that will fit a dog weighing as little as 15 llbs.

http://www.backcountryedge.com/kelty...gon-small.aspx
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I've never seen the small size Kelty pack at the store, so I'm not sure exactly how big it is. I think it may be too big for little Kaynya, though.

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Crowned Member

I'm not sure if this helps but my Kenya (GSD) wears Ruffwear size medium harness and pack and she could fit smalls, they just wouldn't go as far down the length of her back (I'm altering the mediums to fit her chest tight enough). It seems most dog supplies fit really small but the Ruffwear stuff is definitely designed with big dogs in mind and fits large.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Crowned Member

How much does Kenya weigh? I'm about to order the Palisades II and am trying to decide which size to get. I'll be using it with a couple different dogs and I'm trying to figure out which one will give me the most mileage.

I've got a medium Wolf Pack backpack now which fits Grace. I like it okay but am looking for something with more capacity for longer backpacking trips. I also think I might like the harness style on the palisades better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page