Zylkene calming meds - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Momto2GSDs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Zylkene calming meds

I bought several bottles of Zylkene 450 mg (30 count bottle) for my dog on the recommendation of the vet. She said she has had luck treating anxiety in cats and dogs with this medication. It is very expensive, which she told me is due to clinical studies that are run on this herbal product vs. other herbal products that are not put through clinical studies. After several bottles, I determined it did not work for my boy. But, it may work for you.

I bought it from chewy after talking to the manufacturer who told me they do not sell through Amazon, and to be careful buying their products from Amazon. They have found counterfeit on there.

$50 shipped continental US.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eddie1976E; 07-25-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 09:17 PM
Crowned Member

Hi Eddie,

I'm sorry that the product did not work for your boy. Some things work for some dogs and not for others.

You may want to consider this product.
Nutri Calm
Hypo-allergenic
Formulated By Robert J. Silver, D.v.m., M.s. (I've emailed with this company and they are very approachable and respond quickly.)

(be aware there are other products called "Nutri Calm" which are NOT the same. It must be by RX)
Iíve used this one with our female and it does take the edge off.

CLINICAL APPLICATIONS:
NutriCalm for Dogs was designed to help enhance serotonin dependent behavior in dogs. Animals with a range of behavior issues, such as thunderphobia, hyperactivity, nervousness, fear of travel, fear of vetís office, psychogenic dermatitis, hair pulling, excessive licking and psychogenic diarrhea will benefit from the use of this formula. This formula has found itself to be very useful as an adjunct to behavior modification therapy.
NutriCalm for Dogs can also be very helpful with short term anxiety situations such as travel by car or plane, trips to the vets, the groomers, and other social situations where the animalís anxiety can pose a problem.

Active Ingredients
L-Tryptophan (free from amino acid) 150 mg
Valerian Root Extract (valeriana officianlis) 50 mg
Ashwaganda Extract (withania soniferum) 50 mg
Catnip extract (nepeta cati) 50 mg
L-Theanine (Suntheanine brand) 25 mg
Calcium (aspartate) 30 mg
Magnesium (aspartate) 30 mg
(member of the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC)to protect and enhance the integrity of the animal health product industry.

Dr. Karen Becker: ďTryptophan is one of the large neutral amino acids (LNAA) that can cross the blood-brain barrier depending on how much free tryptophan and other LNAA are available in the body.
Increasing dietary tryptophan through supplementation can increase the amount of serotonin in the brain, which has been shown to reduce aggression and improve recovery from stress in some animals. Even though tryptophan is found in protein-containing foods, it is in relatively small supply compared to other LNAA. And in fact, a high protein meal actually decreases the ratio of tryptophan to other LNAA. "

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Rx-Vitamins-P.../dp/B007O11SVI
Pure Formulas: https://www.pureformulas.com/nutrica...-vitamins.html

There are a few others if you are interested.

Moms
onyx'girl likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Crowned Member

It's just one tool to teach calming. It should be combined with behavior training too. You can also use a DAP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page