Deramaxx or something comparable. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Deramaxx or something comparable.

My 9 year old Cboy has osteoarthritis in his back hips and deramaxx gave him an incredible amount of relief. He was taking half of a 100mg tablet every half hour. Due to the loss of my job I am unable to afford the vet bills as my vet wants him to come in atleast every other month for an exam. I have a large furrari crate or a large body harness to trade if anyone has anything comparable with deramaxx to help me get Cboy back on his paws literraly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Crowned Member

Would your vet be okay with Tramadol - it won't help with the inflammatory part of the arthritis, but would provide pain relief and might not need as careful monitoring (I am guessing blood work). Tramadol You can sometimes get Tramadol here it is:
Quote:
  • A human product called “Ultracet®” is available. It contains acetaminophen in addition to tramadol. This product is NOT safe for cats at any dose and requires specific veterinary instruction if it is to be used in dogs. Never use your own medication on your pet.
from a human pharmacy for less money. DO NOT USE THE ULTRACET - ULTRAM http://www.drugs.com/ultram.html is the one to ask for an Rx for: You also have to keep an eye on values, but seems less so??? You can buy milk thistle for cheap at a place like Walmart and that helps out with the liver. Tramadol seems much less expensive than a NSAID anyway...

Also some people use meloxicam which...wait...I can't remember - anyway, it's the human form of a veterinary NSAID, so you still need to monitor liver/kidney values etc. Someone will come along and answer this and not sure if it is the same problem.

Walgreens and other places often have savings cards. Will keep thinking and come back if more comes to mind. It might be workable...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Crowned Member

I think it might be illegal to trade prescription meds. You should try selling your items instead and getting the prescription from your vet. if your vet won't work with you, find a different one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Crowned Member

This is true - so please, no contacting/trading of Deramaxx but other ideas like working with the vet, selling things, yes, other ideas, welcomed!

http://www.imom.org/fa/pdf/fundraising.pdf
http://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/rx_savings.jsf
http://www.walgreens.com/pharmacy/ps...?ban=rxh_psc_6
http://www2.caremark.com/nlc/

Walmart also has some programs.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Knighted Member

You said that he was taking it every half hour? Did you mean to say twice a day?

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page