Looking for a Dogtra - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a Dogtra

Looking for a Dogtra e-collar with the vibration feedback shipped to 32725 lmk what you got. Not looking to pay retail for a used item either.

Miya 12-1-2011 Sable GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Crowned Member

Look on ebay

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Electric Dog Training Collars, E-collar Batteries, Shock Collar Repair Services-Reconditioned Remote Trainers is a great company. I get all my ecollars there from their reconditioned ones. They seem to arrive just like new and good customer service if an issue does come up.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Master Member

Hi Shawn

If you are after the shock collar for your pup I would strongly advise against it. I have been reading your previous posts and it appears that your pup is fearful. You need to help her build her confidence.

A fearful pup needs treating gently in order to build her confidence. You can't build confidence and make a pup not afraid by instilling more fear. If not handled properly now there is a good chance she will become fear aggressive.

Your pup may stop reacting to other dogs but only because she will be more afraid of the shock collar than other dogs.

I would start by implementing 'Mind Games' in order to get structure and set boundaries for your dog and establish yourself as leader for your pup.

This is the link Mind Games (version 1.0) by M. Shirley Chong

Your dog needs to know that your are in charge and will not put her into situations that she can't cope with. You do this by keeping your distance from other dogs and letting her build her confidence by desensitizing her to other dogs - at her pace - it is not wise to rush these things.

I adopted a five year old with fear aggression and turned him round with little problem, just using treats and distance.

Please take a look at BAT training, which shows you how to change the way your dog behaves around other dogs. You can also hire the videos showing how to turn around a fearful dog.

These are the links to both BAT and the videos for hire.

BAT Ahimsa Dog Blog
BowWowFlix.com : Grisha Stewart
_________
Sue
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mom View Post
Hi Shawn

If you are after the shock collar for your pup I would strongly advise against it. I have been reading your previous posts and it appears that your pup is fearful. You need to help her build her confidence.

A fearful pup needs treating gently in order to build her confidence. You can't build confidence and make a pup not afraid by instilling more fear. If not handled properly now there is a good chance she will become fear aggressive.

Your pup may stop reacting to other dogs but only because she will be more afraid of the shock collar than other dogs.

I would start by implementing 'Mind Games' in order to get structure and set boundaries for your dog and establish yourself as leader for your pup.

This is the link Mind Games (version 1.0) by M. Shirley Chong

Your dog needs to know that your are in charge and will not put her into situations that she can't cope with. You do this by keeping your distance from other dogs and letting her build her confidence by desensitizing her to other dogs - at her pace - it is not wise to rush these things.

I adopted a five year old with fear aggression and turned him round with little problem, just using treats and distance.

Please take a look at BAT training, which shows you how to change the way your dog behaves around other dogs. You can also hire the videos showing how to turn around a fearful dog.

These are the links to both BAT and the videos for hire.

BAT Ahimsa Dog Blog
BowWowFlix.com : Grisha Stewart
_________
Sue

My dog is not as bad as she used to be, I took her to a trainer Sunday with alot of other dogs and she did very well. and I'm not looking to put one on her the day I get it, its for later on down the road.

Miya 12-1-2011 Sable GSD
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Crowned Member

Check craigslist. I just checked in my area and they've got one for sale for $100. I'm sure you'll find something near you. Just have a little patience if nothings available at the moment.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Dog View Post
Check craigslist. I just checked in my area and they've got one for sale for $100. I'm sure you'll find something near you. Just have a little patience if nothings available at the moment.
thats exactly what i'm doing, its just a feeler more than anything I dont need it right away I found acouple on CL just not exactly what I want. More than likely I'll be buying one new.

Miya 12-1-2011 Sable GSD
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Master Member

Shawn,
You know Ed is a dealer for Dogtra right? (if you can't find a good used on- I got Dooney's from him) Good luck on the used hunt.

Can't wait to see how Miya does in class on Sunday!

Wendy
Dooney Von Pell- GSD 01/25/2011
Karma's Wycked Revenge- GSD 05/16/2012
Skye- WGSD 1991-2007
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Banned

how do you know you'll need an e-collar later on??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnO View Post
My dog is not as bad as she used to be, I took her to a trainer Sunday with alot of other dogs and she did very well. and

>>>> I'm not looking to put one on her the day I get it, its for later on down the road.<<<<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page