Nikkia - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Nikkia

Nikkia has 27 Schutzhund Champions on her dad's side and 25 on her moms. She has a great pedigree. She has a killer personality, is smart as ****, Has an incredible work drive, and is a reliable protector. I am going to get some titles on her to prove she is standard I also plan on having her hips, heart, eyes, etc... checked before I even start to think about breeding. And finding a stud who does not carry the LC ressive gene.

~MacKenzie

Shakar (Foster) - Born: 2/15/05 - Sable GSD - No longer in my care, forever in my heart
Nikkia - Born: 3/24/07 Sable GSD
Kavik (Rescue) - Born: 2/2/12 - GSD / Husky X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Elite Member

Re: Nikkia

If LC are now being allowed by the SV, why would you discount them?

Danielle

Mace, Hexe and Blackjack
Along with Charlie, Oggy and Luna the cats
Plus Chickens, Ducks, Geese and Guinea fowl!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Elite Member

Why do you want to breed?

Zeus "Zeusy" - GSD 2 year old DOB 3-19-08
Baby - Cat 5 years old
Rhett - Cat 4 years old

Max, Champ, and Apollo waiting at the bridge.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Crowned Member

Maybe because he has a great dog and if we do not breed the great dogs, than all that will be bred will with the substandard dogs living in puppy mills.

Our sport will die if we do not have new blood in the breeder pool. It sounds like this person is already thinking about health checks, pedigree, and working ability/titles. Let's not drive him off before he introduces himself.

I know a lot of people say stick with the experienced breeders, but every day that goes by, these people decide to get out of breeding. We all will someday. So what we really need to do is mentor new breeders. Some of the people who have all the experience are not as stringent when it comes to health testing and qualifying their animals as some of the new people can be. We have the ability here to be proactive in setting up a new breed of breeders, or getting people upset and leaving and doing what they were going to do in the first place.

Nikkia, get involved in your local GSD club (may not be so local either, you may have to drive a ways, but it is worth it). Work at the shows, volunteer, show your dogs in obedience, tracking, schutzhund, whatever. Get involved with the dog people, the shepherd people out there. They can help you evaluate your dogs, and help you to figure out what type of dog will be the best match for your bitch. It is also a good place to get recommendations for puppy buyers, etc. If you cannot find a GSD club, find a schutzhund club.

People on the internet have a great deal of knowledge and are willing to share it, but there is no substitute for the people you will meet in a GSD club at shows, matches, trials, events, etc.

Good luck.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Elite Member

Nikkia looks like a LC in the pic, maybe it is just the pic. But I honestly wanted to know why she didn't want any more LC. I am not a breeder. And I don't have any opinions to offer other than a simple question.
I am all for adding new blood to the lines. To bad some of the registration groups make it hard to do that.

Danielle

Mace, Hexe and Blackjack
Along with Charlie, Oggy and Luna the cats
Plus Chickens, Ducks, Geese and Guinea fowl!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to EastGSD

Quote:
Originally Posted By: KCandMaceNikkia looks like a LC in the pic, maybe it is just the pic. But I honestly wanted to know why she didn't want any more LC. I am not a breeder. And I don't have any opinions to offer other than a simple question.
I am all for adding new blood to the lines. To bad some of the registration groups make it hard to do that.
She doesn't want a LC stud because it is still considered a fault and a LC bred to a LC will produce all LC puppies. Breeding to a properly coated dog will produce proper coated puppies in the litter. Of course potentially there could be LC puppies if the stud carries for coat.

Cherri

owned by:

GSDs
Emma and her GerMercian kid
Tobe

And Doxies' Abby and Charlie my Service dude
and Stan and Castor the parrots
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

I am not planning on breeding unless she has at least 2 titles and passes her heath check with flying colors both of her parents were passed and her breeder showed me both of their x-rays and certificates before I purchased her. My mom breeds and shows papillons and I have helped her whelp all of her litters I will also find homes for the puppies before breeding. I hope most of them will go to search and rescue, the police force, and service animals. In Nikkia's family she has brothers and sisters in all. Her breeder will be helping me to find the male as she knows some studs who she has bred her LC females successfully to. I am not breeding her just because I want to I am breeding her because I have been told by both trainers and breeders that she is a great representative of her breed. Just know that I have good intentions in mind and I am taking all steps of having her checked out before hand if she does not pass I will not breed her.

~MacKenzie

Shakar (Foster) - Born: 2/15/05 - Sable GSD - No longer in my care, forever in my heart
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Elite Member

Nikkia, don't get me wrong, in no way was I trying to discourage you from breeding. I don't know you all that well, so for me, I was just asking you a question, wondering if you do know what you're doing, knowing what you're getting into. You seem to know where to get started, and that's great. I see nothing wrong with the question I asked because it was a simple question. You seem to be responsible by wanting to get your dog titled and examed before you consider breeding. We need more people like you.

Zeus "Zeusy" - GSD 2 year old DOB 3-19-08
Baby - Cat 5 years old
Rhett - Cat 4 years old

Max, Champ, and Apollo waiting at the bridge.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Thank you and I know you were not discouraging me. It upsets me when people breed dogs that really shouldn't be bred also, so I know you had the breeds interest in mind.

~MacKenzie

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Knighted Member

We all feel NOT breeding bad dogs is all important.
But making sure that GOOD dogs ARE bred is very important as well.

OTCH SG1 (CAN) Deejay von Hausnobilis UD HIT CGN
~A Well-Balanced Dog has Titles at Both Ends~

Fayanna vom Wildhaus CGN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page