Want to breed - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 57Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinchcl View Post
Winnal, WTF, in one forum you ask if your dog is purebred and in the next you want to breed????? Really, or is this an early April fool's joke
From that post we established grounds that she could be pure if I get dna tested for sire and sire is dna recorded so there's little reason for them to lie about the sire. and someone said they auto get dna'd after certain amount of litter, what does that matter if it provides proof?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:14 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

Fact: Until you x-ray your dog and have her checked for DM, you will not know if she can pass on genetic faults.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
No. Those qualities come from genetics. Either the dog has them or he doesn't.

A healthy and strong dog does not mean a dog with balanced drives and nerve. An unhealthy and weak dog does not mean the dog doesn't have strong nerves.

You can not train drives and nerve into a dog. They are what they are.

I don't think you have a grasp on what makes a dog breed worthy, what drives are, what nerve is, and the only way to learn that is to get off the internet, go out and train your dog. Watch the other dogs. Talk to knowledgeable people.
So why are you on here then? on the internet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Fact: Until you x-ray your dog and have her checked for DM, you will not know if she can pass on genetic faults.
there are signs of hp displasia for example like their stance, that's all ime saying
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:19 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnal View Post
From that post we established grounds that she could be pure if I get dna tested for sire and sire is dna recorded so there's little reason for them to lie about the sire. and someone said they auto get dna'd after certain amount of litter, what does that matter if it provides proof?
Fact: If you have her DNA'd by AKC they will check if her DNA matches the sire's, who is on record, and then and only then will you know she is the daughter of that sire.

Fact: You can send in a general DNA test to a company to see what breed they say she is.
HolyFriedFish likes this.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:20 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Dude, people just cannot read without being completely straight forward about the exact last reply when I've been saying obviously I have to prove it and I'm here to ask the avenues to do so................................................ .................................................. .............................
Hey dude, pretty obvious you are just trolling this forum. Making 4 posts one after another about the same thing trying to incite drama. Contradicting yourself in multiple posts. I think we all just need to ignore this one at this point.
Really liking this new ignore feature on the forum

Shasta "Pasta" von Rottenmouth 2/1/2000
Naughty "Copper" von Wolfstraum 11/12/15 BH
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:21 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

Quote:
there are signs of hp displasia for example like their stance, that's all ime saying

That's an opinion, you said you wanted facts.

Fact: I had a dog with Hip Dysplasia. You could NOT tell by her stance.
Glaicer, HolyFriedFish and Datura like this.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
That's an opinion, you said you wanted facts.

Fact: I had a dog with Hip Dysplasia. You could NOT tell by her stance.
umm i said signs tho not 100% positive... not really an opinion i read it up on a narticle about dog health specifically hip dysplasia

and that link about drive and temperment, my dog has excellent prey drive, and defense drive.. hear sound aroudn house goes running barking... chases anything small that moves fast...

and nerve wise she doesn't really get scared of anything. at all. never backs up stands ground and all her hairs on the top of her back like a mohawk stands up.

im obviously not professionally versed in understanding it by any means but i do have an idea what it means.

Last edited by Winnal; 03-24-2017 at 11:34 PM.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:38 PM

Forgive me if this has been brought up or if I'm wrong, but don't you need a full registration to breed and get AKC-registered puppies? From what I remember, full registration can only be obtained with the breeder's permission (and is more expensive than the limited registration). I don't know if you have one or not, Winnal, but that's another thing to think about/be aware of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page