Thinkinh about either becoming a breeder or just studding. - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I know Luna, on the right, has massive ears! Wyatts are not as big! I'll look into them as well.
Thecowboysgirl likes this.

Luna GSD 07/20/16
Wyatt GSD 07/20/16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainE View Post
I requested for one. The breeder had to take pack this puppy due to the previous owner getting another puppy and just dumping him so I have to wait for the transfer. I didn't get a pedigree on his sister who was born in the same litter because I didn't plan on doing anything. I was just going to spay her when it's healthy to do so. Her name is Luna and she's my baby girl. Wyatt, the one I'm talking about, is obviously a companion dog as well. I was only curious because people see him and ask and everything. He is a pretty boy and as I said his temperament is great.
do I understand this ? You also own his sister?
You said
He is also a working line dog with little slop from his hind legs

You can't say this without a pedigree .

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Yes I do she is his litter mate. Two of the four grandparents are AKC working line. Breeder told me that much said the other two were not registered to AKC at all. So I believe they are of some working line descent definitely not showline. Not that it matters anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

If you move to the Chicago area, there are several IPO/SchH clubs to look into if that interests you.
RainE likes this.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Elite Member

Beautiful dogs!
RainE likes this.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Crowned Member

AKC, does not guarantee a quality dog. What it does is guarantee the lineage, whatever that may be, good or bad. So when deciding how to breed, what qualities and traits you're looking for, you know where to look and what dogs to match up together. Really the same goes for titles. They don't guarantee a good dog. What they do is put the dog on display for the public to see and for a non biased third party to evaluate. Now some titles evaluate training more so than the dog, but that's a discussion for another time.
sit,stay and RainE like this.

T17 Working Dogs-

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 05:25 AM
Elite Member

Not on topic but an observation from information you have given. Please be aware of problems you may encounter in the coming months as your pups mature. You have two pups of the same age (litter mates). There are many threads on this forum reqarding issues with litter mates or having two pups the same or close to the same age. Not saying this is going to be the case for you. Just educate yourself on the challenges you are likely encounter as your pups mature. Fortunately, you have opposite sexes which will avoid the same sex aggression tendency seen with litter mates in the same home with this breed.
Best of luck to you with your pups. They sure are adorable.
RainE likes this.

Ziva 03.07.2013
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
If you move to the Chicago area, there are several IPO/SchH clubs to look into if that interests you.
Do you know any that are good in the Cincinnati area just in case. My fiancee can't seem to make up his mind on where he wants to live and just in case we live here in Cincy still, I would like to put them through something. Also, the GSDs would have to go through basic and intermediate obedience correct? Do they sometimes combine such? Such as people who do the IPO/SchH also train in obedience and you work your way up through them until the dog is ready for the IPO/SchH?

Luna GSD 07/20/16
Wyatt GSD 07/20/16
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbrz View Post
Not on topic but an observation from information you have given. Please be aware of problems you may encounter in the coming months as your pups mature. You have two pups of the same age (litter mates). There are many threads on this forum reqarding issues with litter mates or having two pups the same or close to the same age. Not saying this is going to be the case for you. Just educate yourself on the challenges you are likely encounter as your pups mature. Fortunately, you have opposite sexes which will avoid the same sex aggression tendency seen with litter mates in the same home with this breed.
Best of luck to you with your pups. They sure are adorable.
Thanks! I'm going to try to get better pictures of them and have them critiqued to see what people think of them. I've read that. Luckily my dogs seem pretty good, however they have so much energy and with it being so cold it's super hard to burn off. Luckily the two of them have their own room to play in with us.

Luna GSD 07/20/16
Wyatt GSD 07/20/16
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainE View Post
Do you know any that are good in the Cincinnati area just in case. My fiancee can't seem to make up his mind on where he wants to live and just in case we live here in Cincy still, I would like to put them through something. Also, the GSDs would have to go through basic and intermediate obedience correct? Do they sometimes combine such? Such as people who do the IPO/SchH also train in obedience and you work your way up through them until the dog is ready for the IPO/SchH?

Greater Cincinnati Schutzhund Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page