becoming a breeder names - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

becoming a breeder names

I am very young and wont be becoming a breeder anytime soon. I want to do this to better the breed and because i admire their faithfulness and intelligence. I will be doing working lines mainly and i want to think of a name ahead of time and because i think its fun. Nothing German just nice and simple if it helps my name is Ashley and live in California. I was considering Ashleys Faithful Shepherds. What do u guys think?? ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:17 PM
Master Member

Well, it has been like a week since the last one of these. About time, I guess.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Yea your right i have checked out older ones but nothing to my liking so i guess i got ro make my own lol?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Woops question mark an typeo
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriy View Post
Well, it has been like a week since the last one of these. About time, I guess.

Everyone wants to improve the breed....here is a quote from a breeder site which I really respect.

"The ideal here is to keep the breed as the breed founder, Capt. Max Von Stephanitz created it; no extremes in conformation, a sound mind in a sound body."

German Shepherd Dogs for Family/Personal Protection, Police, Schutzhund/Competition

By the way, I like the name you have picked out. But if you don't back it up with some substance, the name is meaningless.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Alrights and thanks
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Crowned Member

I like your user name here....as in assure....you could implement that into a kennel name. So much to learn about becoming a good breeder. Do you have a mentor?

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Oh i understand i think so you want it kinda like a pedigree database name or akc right? Like von or vom something? There is alot i need to know but i have been researching as im young and i wont be breeding my dog for 2 years for how young she is

Last edited by ashhur; 01-18-2016 at 08:46 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:44 PM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhur View Post
Oh i understand i think so you want it kinda like a pedigree database name or akc right? Like von or vom something? There is alot i need to know but i have been researching as im young and i wont be breeding my dog for 2 years for how young she is

What do you plan to do with your puppy in the upcoming 2 years to prove that she is breed worthy? That should be your first step. Not breeding, but understanding the breed and what the good and bad of the breed are. So you can make educated choices.

Start training and plan to compete. Find a breed club and a mentor. Research bloodlines, get out and meet lots of dogs, learn their lineage and what that means to the dog you see in front of you. You have lots of time.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Well i first want to be training her in the 2 years to show her intelligence but i want to make sure she is elbow and hip tested before she has pups i have seen no hip problem in her pedigree database also her papers are coming from the AKC soon but theres much more i need to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page