Opinions - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Opinions

as many have told me this is a sable gsd , i want to correct that and ask if shes a belgian tervuren .
then she is 7 months and i think close to have her first heat , should i think about it now or later , and i want to breed her for motherhood reasons.
a question about babies , does she take care of everything about them or do i have to help in anything , coz i read that if i have the mother i dont have to do a thing , ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 07:03 PM

it's a myth that you have to breed a dog for "motherhood reasons"..

She doesn't looke like a purebred gsd nor a purebred terv either. Maybe a mix of both?

Right now, at this age, she is WAY to young to even think about 'breeding' her. I highly suggest you read thru some of the posts on this board about breeding and breeding nightmares..

Some dogs can actually die giving birth, some do it on their own, others need help, you won't know until it actually happens..Are you willing to risk losing your dog during whelping if you bred her?

Again, I suggest you read some of the breeding topics on this board, and read some of the heartbreaking stories of breedings gone wrong.

She's very cute by the way, but again looks like a mix to me

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Crowned Member

I don't think she is a German Shepherd or a Tervuren. I think she is a mixed breed dog. Please don't breed her.

That idea that "if I have the mother I don't have to do a thing" is a lie. Go read some of Selzer's posts about having to help her dogs deliver the puppies, having puppies die, having mother dogs nearly die, spending thousands of dollars at the vet trying to save their lives when they have problems with birthing. Or she could just kill and eat them the way my mother in law's dog did with her puppies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abood View Post
....and i want to breed her for motherhood reasons.
Maybe there is a problem with translation here, but "motherhood reasons?" What does that mean, exactly?

post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle View Post
Maybe there is a problem with translation here, but "motherhood reasons?" What does that mean, exactly?

I'm curious about this too what do you mean Motherhood reasons? I'm not familiar with that term.

Sofia October 2014

Obi rescued March 2013

Captain Jack October 2011 - October 2014 (Mesenteric Torsion)
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abood View Post

as many have told me this is a sable gsd , i want to correct that and ask if shes a belgian tervuren .
then she is 7 months and i think close to have her first heat , should i think about it now or later , and i want to breed her for motherhood reasons.
a question about babies , does she take care of everything about them or do i have to help in anything , coz i read that if i have the mother i dont have to do a thing , ???
Ah hah hah hah hah, ha ha hah hah OMG, ha hah ha

I am sorry, but

that is about the funniest thing I have ever read.

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...xperience.html

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...ception-2.html

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...t-breeder.html

ETA: Please do not just get mad, but read some of these real whelping experiences.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.

Last edited by selzer; 11-22-2011 at 08:45 PM.
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Crowned Member

She looks like a mixed breed so really what would be the point in breeding her?

Michelle

IntCH Blackthorn's Onyx RN RA BN CGC TDI ~ Nyxie (LC GSD)
Int JuA Spirited Glory of Brick Chapel ~ Glory (Shiloh Shepherd)
Nat BA Spirited's Twilight Sparkle of Lobo ~ Tala (Aussie)
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Banned

This person lives in Jordan/Middle east, remember, so please keep that in mind when responding. The US has a huge pet overpopulation problem, maybe Jordan does not.
That said, she is a mixed breed and unless you know 6-8 people who want puppies, you shouldn't breed her.
Even if you do - please wait until she's older, 2yrs. of age is best. And even then, you can run into a lot of complications including the death of your beloved pet.
If you have veterinarians (animal doctors) who spay/de-sex/neuter there, you would be doing her a huge favor by just spaying her now.
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Umm okay?!?! Sorry to be blunt but, just from reading that it sounds like you have no business breeding because you obviously don't know anything about it. Do the dog a favor and spay her.

-Tegan

post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Master Member

In the middle east breeding is the norm. most PB dogs end up in homes, no one throws away their pb dog. the problem is with mixed breeds. Like for example someone like our friend here from Jordan, since we told him she is mixed, he would either look for someone to buy her or maybe throw her on the street. Not saying he would, but a typical middle eastern mind would. it's a shame.
People all over the middle east are trying to raise awareness about the importance of spaying and neutering. problem is most Muslims think its a sin to change God's creation. We have to keep reminding them that Gods also ordered to be merciful to animals and if an animal has a high probability to end up on the street that's not merciful at all. Some listen some don't, at least in Egypt it's getting much much better. most people would neuter their mixed cats and dogs but not their pb, because there is a market for PBs and rarely do you get a purebred dog at the shelter. The only times we do is when ppl can't afford vet bills due to accidents or unfortunately, Europeans moving back to their countries and abandoning their dogs.

Nadine

Tamtam - Egyptian Mau

(9-9-2011)
Juventus - GSD (RIP)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page