Another Question Por Favor! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Another Question Por Favor!

Well guys I was wondering if the breeders said she was a purebred, and her parents both had papers (they were showed to us). Why havent I recieved anything from them is she purebred. She looks like it.
I wanted to breed her and I needed any information she is about to be six months and we are noth going to breed her until she is at least 2. We are researching like crazy and making sure we know 110% before we do something that can hurt my Smokee Bear in the long run. Would love some Advice and support.

Glorianna Monique
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Crowned Member

I predict you won't get much support for breeding a 2 yr old, or breeding her at all. Especially if you're not sure of her lines. She's really cute!
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Thank ya.Thank ya. Well see I need to know what is a good age She way to hyper she needs to be bred. It will calm her down and she will be so much better with children!!!!!!

Glorianna Monique
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible reason to breed a dog. You already stated the health of your pup is not the best and that she is not from a reputable breeder.

Quote:
I bought my German Shepherd from a "breeder" in town. My Smokee was the runt, and very scrawny but when me and my boyfrend saw her, we instantly fell in love. Well these people said that they had her dewormed and, she had no type of worms. She is almost 6 months is ver skinny no matter how much I feed her she wont put the weight on. So I took her to the Vet and they took a stool sample. She has Tapeworms and numerous ones!!!!
We had to give her the hightest dose of medicine to kill them, and she is sick, because it was so harsh to her stomach.We also have to increase her feed for a month and she must take a vitamin powder three times a day. We go back in a week to take bloodwork and see if she needs in further medical care.
I predict you will find lots of support here for your pup and taking care of her and zero support for breeding.
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee Aan View Post
Thank ya.Thank ya. Well see I need to know what is a good age She way to hyper she needs to be bred. It will calm her down and she will be so much better with children!!!!!!
Breeding her will not make her calm down or be better with children. I'm not sure if this is some sort of old wives tale or what, but it's simply not true.
Cure for hyperactivity: Exercise and training. She needs tons of both mental and physical exercise.
Cure for behavior with children: Socializing with children and training.

ADCH Mikko (USDAA) SCH-B; (NADAC) EAC, EJC, TN-E, TG-E, VerO; (AKC) NAJ, CGC; (NACSW) NW1 - 9 year old GSD

post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Crowned Member

Please do not breed your dog, there are already way too many animals dying in shelters everyday because people "wanted a puppy from their dog" or they wanted her to have just one litter or they wanted to make a quick buck or their unaltered animal got out and bred with another dog or strays that keep reproducing. So please go take a look at your local animal shelter, more than half of those dogs in there will not be making it back out.

If more people were responsible then we wouldn't have so many animals dying every single day in shelters.

Breeding should be left to Reputable Breeders, people that are looking to better the breed, people with great breed worthy dogs, looking to breed healthier GSD's and GSD's that have great temperment and the ability to preform any task that their owner gives to them. Reputable breeders title, health test, temperment test and choose the best of the best to breed.

You have to look at the big picture, if you bring 10 puppies into the world when you breed your GSD and 2 of those puppies get bred and they have 10 puppies and 2 of those puppies get bred and they have 10 puppies each, in a matter of about 5-10 years YOU brought 50 more puppies into this world when there are already puppies dying in shelters everyday because there are not enough homes for them all.

Your puppies will have puppies, and those puppies will have puppies........ the cycle will continue and more lives will be lost in shelters.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
She's hyper because she's young. Breeding her will not calm her down and make her better with children. Exercise, socialization, and training will calm her down and make her better with children.

If you did not fill out the paperwork to get her AKC papers, you will not receive any AKC papers, regardless of whether her parents were registered or not. You would need to contact the breeder to fill out the paperwork.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Umm sorry guys but when you breed your dog you become responsible for that dog and any lives you create. What yall are saying makes no sense. Every person that has read/ commented on this id yall adopt a kid because lets look at the big piture you have three kids and each one of them has three kids and then each one of them has a kid or two or five. It is the same thing there are millions of kids out there in shelters, and it is the same thing there are millions of dog that do not have homes that need to be adopted. The reason that dogs are in shelters is because people buy dogs and dont take care of them and then let them run around and not fix them. I am an active member of the spca and believe that you should adopt. I have a terrier that is from the shelter, and he is a sweetheart but he is a mutt. And those "purebred" dogs are overly bred and I refuse to ever buy from them. They are the kind of peole that started dieseases in the breeds and people that are trying to make a quick buck...

Glorianna Monique
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 04:27 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
She way to hyper she needs to be bred. It will calm her down and she will be so much better with children!!!!!!
Who told you this? It's simply not true, and they have no idea what they're talking about. Training and socialization will calm her down, and make her better behaved. Breeding will just create puppies.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
And those "purebred" dogs are overly bred and I refuse to ever buy from them. They are the kind of peole that started dieseases in the breeds and people that are trying to make a quick buck...

You bought your dog from a bad breeder who didn't do any health checks like xray the parents' hips, correct?

You want to breed this dog that you have no idea if genetic diseases run in her line, correct?

And what would that make you?

Please read:
https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...flowchart.html

ADCH Mikko (USDAA) SCH-B; (NADAC) EAC, EJC, TN-E, TG-E, VerO; (AKC) NAJ, CGC; (NACSW) NW1 - 9 year old GSD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page