Breeding my German shepherd - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Breeding my German shepherd

I am thinking of breeding my German shepherd and wanted to k own if anyone knows were I would find a registered stud. My shepherd is from Germany, with papers. I got her while I was stationed there. She is almost 3 years old, but all of her records are in German. Any ideas were I can get them transcribed so I can have her registered in the US? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Crowned Member

Start here regarding your dog...

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Master Member

Would you please post her information and pedigree. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gobles Sonar vom Shipwreck, CGC
Dark Sable 100% DDR German Shepherd (4/1/2010)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Frosty Onyx Glacier, CGC
Grey/White Siberian Husky (8/29/2005)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy dog View Post
start here regarding your dog...

agreed!!!

~*Nicole*~
Ruby~ Black&Tan GSD (8/15/09)
Max~(BA in C.L.A.S.S.) Bi-Color GSD (4/22/10)
Odysseus Von Rivera-Polizeieckzahn~ Belgian Malinois & Dutch Shepherd (1/02/11)
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Elite Member

Does she have health clearances and a title or titles? What can breeding her bring to the breed?

There are probably some people out there with registered studs that will help you, but please do it right.

Put titles on your female and clear her hips and elbows. Better the breed, not tear it down. If you breed your female and her temperament isn't correct, her structure isn't correct, and she has hip displaysia then that means she is going to pass down bad traits.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Crowned Member

well, I am almost depressed enough to answer this.

You need to go to call the AKC and discuss what all you need to provide to get her registered in the AKC. I would suggest going on the AKC website and working your way around it prior to calling and talking with a person.

That is where you should start.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
well, I am almost depressed enough to answer this.

You need to go to call the AKC and discuss what all you need to provide to get her registered in the AKC. I would suggest going on the AKC website and working your way around it prior to calling and talking with a person.

That is where you should start.
Why are you depressed? Surely not bc of the post, lol, I think this happens twice a week now.

Gobles Sonar vom Shipwreck, CGC
Dark Sable 100% DDR German Shepherd (4/1/2010)

Frosty Onyx Glacier, CGC
Grey/White Siberian Husky (8/29/2005)
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 PM

Welcome to the Board. You are likely going to get a lot of helpful and respectful opinions (right guys?).

Here are some previous threads that might help you figure out where to start:
https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...e-breeder.html

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...t-breeder.html

Most of the people here are strong advocates of responsible breeding. Before you look for a stud, you need to get an idea of what your female brings to the table. At a minimum, she should be checked for the various medical and genetic issues that GSDs can carry. She would also preferably be worked in some venue that will prove her good temperament and working ability. Hope you'll look around more in the breeding forum to learn about these and ask questions before you breed.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Crowned Member

No i am actually depressed about the verdict, not feeling well either.

This poster, he has an imported bitch pup, no idea what he needs to do, what kind of papers he has, what he needs to do to get her registered, wants to breed, needs a stud. That is not depressing, he may have a great dog. He may become an awesome breeder.

Just depressed in general.

He has to start with AKC if he is in the US, needs a stud, and wants to make registered puppies.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Crowned Member

If your dog does not have titles, has not been OFA'd, is not a wonderful dog temperment and work wise then please do not breed your dog, there are already way too many animals dying in shelters everyday because people "wanted a puppy from their dog" or they wanted her to have just one litter or they wanted to make a quick buck or their unaltered animal got out and bred with another dog or strays that keep reproducing. So please go take a look at your local animal shelter, more than half of those dogs in there will not be making it back out.

If more people were responsible then we wouldn't have so many animals dying every single day in shelters.

Breedingshould be left to reputable Breeders, people that are looking to better the breed, people looking to breed healthier GSD's and GSD's that have great temperment and the ability to preform any task that their owner gives to them. Reputable breeders title, health test, temperment test and choose the best of the best to breed.

You have to look at the big picture, if you bring 10 puppies into the world when you breed your GSD and 2 of those puppies get bred and they have 10 puppies and 2 of those puppies get bred and they have 10 puppies each, in a matter of about 5-10 years YOU brought 50 more puppies into this world when there are already puppies dying in shelters everyday because there are not enough homes for them all.

Your puppies will have puppies, and those puppies will have puppies........ the cycle will continue.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page