Kyleigh 5 month old future protector - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Kyleigh 5 month old future protector

She's beautiful.

Gotta say uh-oh to the baby momma comment though.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Knighted Member

*sigh*
Another new post with a reference to having puppies.
Yes, you have a beautiful pup! But you're not going to get a lot of pats on the back for the baby momma comment.

I sure hope you are a reputable breeder, with experience, titled dogs, health testing etc, cause if not, you're not going to win a lot of great comments (or fans).

Linda
Amari's Gunner 9/14/08
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Buddy (kitty) 8/15/07
Nikki (Polydactyl kitty) 6/15/07

~ I reject your reality and substitute my own ~ Adam Savage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDGunner View Post
But you're not going to get a lot of pats on the back for the baby momma comment.

I sure hope you are a reputable breeder, with experience, titled dogs, health testing etc, cause if not, you're not going to win a lot of great comments (or fans).
Well said.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:33 PM

True the baby mama comment was inappropriate, I appologize I love her and she is a wonderful compainion!
post #5 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Knighted Member

Does that mean you are not going to have litters of puppies with her?

Linda
Amari's Gunner 9/14/08

Buddy (kitty) 8/15/07

post #6 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konotashi View Post
Well said.
well said again!

Jo
Kitty 10/1990-10/23/08 kitty rip
Koda 1/20/00-10/03/09 gsd rip.
Kassie 6/1/08 kitty
Zorro VomTraumhof-1/3/11-gsd,Ob101,CGC,RN,RA
Ryker 2/20/10-gsd "Poseidon VomTraumhof"
VP5 3-6 mo. confm.VP1
6-9 mo.confrm.
AKC S.T.A.R pup,Obed.101, CGC.
post #7 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Put down the shovel and step away from the hole.

Dee
Caretaker of Ezra the Wonder Dog &
Maxx, Pooch Extraordinnaire
post #8 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:50 PM

I havnt been around message boards in regard to pets until now so forgive my ignorance. We have intended on buying a male in 2 years and having no more than 2 litters. I know some people are passionate about not breeding but Im not sure why. This will probably link me to many opinions about breeding and the pros and cons. The question will inevitably be asked why do we want to breed? Just think they are cute? Can you handle the medical aspects? What if you cant get rid of your dogs, are you going to give them to already overwhelmed shelters and have them chosen over other dogs needing homes? We have considered all of these questions and have 18 months before we will breed her, if that soon. We are not hoarders, nor do we feel the need for the love of 10 puppies yipping at our heels, we have family and friends who want some, all of whom are dog owners, lovers.
post #9 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Crowned Member

Please do not breed your dog, there are already way too many animals dying in shelters everyday because people "wanted a puppy from their dog" or they wanted to make a quick buck or their unaltered animal got out and bred with another dog or strays that keep reproducing. So please go take a look at your local animal shelter, more than half of those dogs in there will not be making it back out.

If more people were responsible then we wouldn't have so many animals dying every single day in shelters.

Breeding should be left to reputable Breeders, people that are looking to better the breed, people looking to breed healthier GSD's and GSD's that have great temperment and the ability to preform any task that their owner gives to them. Also, there is a chance that your female could have complications during labor and die along with her puppies. Do you want to take that chance?

You have to look at the big picture, if you bring 10 puppies into the world when you breed your GSD and 2 of those puppies get bred and they have 10 puppies and 2 of those puppies get bred and they have 10 puppies each, in a matter of about 5-10 years YOU brought 50 more puppies into this world when there are already puppiesdying in shelters everyday because there are not enough homes for them all.

Your puppies will have puppies, and those puppies will have puppies........ the cycle will continue.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #10 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom470 View Post
we have family and friends who want some, all of whom are dog owners, lovers.
Many people here are going to tell you that is not a reason to have puppies. The world is full of dogs in shelters and rescues because people want to give their family and friends a cute puppy. Cute puppy grows up to have behavior problems because of the lack of proper training and socialization. Or said puppy grew up to bite someone. Where does that cute puppy end up? A shelter or rescue. This is NOT a breed to mess with.

Please do some research and if you insist on breeding, please be sure to do it right.
Title your dogs, do all required health testing and OFA certs. This breed is predisposed to many health problems including hip and joint diseases.
No dog should be bred because family and friends want them.

Linda
Amari's Gunner 9/14/08

Buddy (kitty) 8/15/07

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page