I'm so mad...I'm doing something about this BYB - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

I'm so mad...I'm doing something about this BYB

RIP Sweet Dusty....I will pursue legal action because of you...

"Dusty", a black/tan female german shepherd sits in the dog pound today which will be her last day on this earth. She was "used up" and "wore out" and dumped by a breeder after she found her too ill to breed anymore. "Thankfully" she was found and brought into the pound and will be humanely euthanized instead of dying alone out in the country where her breeder dumped her.

When this woman showed up at my place it was all I could do to maintain calm , just to get enough information to nail her. I am following up on this as I know she just brought in new 5 1/2 female pups from the same litter for new breeders when they are a year old! I have informed all my breeder friends near here NOT to sell this woman pups as they will have a bad fate in life.

Here is the letter explaining what occurred as sent to my County Sheriff's Department. :

Officer Woodard,

You have already received photos of the female german shepherd dog at the City Pound.

On this past Friday August 7th in the afternoon a woman and her adult son showed up at my home in their vehicle without an appointment. She identified herself as a german shepherd breeder running a Kennel by the name of Kennels. She stated she had gotten my business card off the County Veterinary Service office bulletin board as I am a breeder of german shepherd dogs and post my card there.

She came looking for a male puppy to buy. I stated I had no puppies and have such a long waiting list it would be a year or more that one may become available and that I do have an application process. Although after speaking to her only for a moment I knew I would NEVER sell her a puppy based on the horrific things she proceeded to tell me regarding the dogs/puppies and living conditions at her kennel.

She stated she had brought in a female shepherd, and pointed to my black and tan female, saying she looks like that one, to the County Vets office to see about it's health. She explained the dog was diagnosed with numerous mammary and other cancerous tumors along with at least 3 different types of worms and that because of the cost of treatments/meds she was going to have the dog "put down". I was not able to see any dog in the vehicle and none of the 4 dogs I had out alerted to any dog in the vehicle.

After she left I immediately phoned the vet and asked about her and the female shepherd she had brought in. The vet verified she had brought in her female black/tan german shepherd dog and the types of ailments it had corresponded with what the woman related to me. So I asked "did you go ahead and put down the dog as The woman had stated would Happen.?" Dr. replied "NO" the woman took the dog with her.

On Saturday, August 8th numerous people reported seeing a female german shepherd dog at the Co-Op Farmer's Market coming from the direction of the vet's office. The description of the dog seemed a perfect fit as to what was told to me about this dog having mammary tumors and black/tan older dog and I believed it to be the same female dog.

I called the City Hall on Tuesday morning August 11th and found they indeed had a female german shepherd in the pound matching the description of the dog. Photos were taken and the vet's office has ID'd this dog as being the same female that the woman had brought in to her office for assesment.

**** I believe that having found out this dog was of no use to her and the treatments would be costly she simply "dumped" the dog and drove away. This is a crime as far as I am aware.******

As to her kennels she told me some disturbing information.
She described to me that NO shelter from the sun was available to the outdoor dogs in runs and that a pregnant female died during labor due to "heat exposure" while they had gone out to buy a tarp and found her dead in the water trough but according to her the dog lived a "good life" . She stated that the dogs were "wore out" and she was needing more breeding dogs as they had had 10-12 litters. I asked if she bred every heat and she stated they had to stop doing winter litters as "the puppies feet would freeze to the ground". They are completely outdoor dogs.

I had some friends go to their place of business today and they were unable to make contact there with anyone but took numerous photos of the area. The breeder had stated to me she had just purchased 3 female 5 and 1/2 week old pups from a new breeder. Selling pups that age is not legal according to the Dept of Agriculture. The pups were on premise as seen by my friends but had no clean drinking water just a container of what looked mostly like green growth . Other dogs had entire corn cobs in the husks placed into their pens to eat. They were unable to determine the number of breeding dogs there but several other dogs were there as well.

I will contact you for follow up and thank you for pursuing legal action against this woman. If other people see that action has been taken against this injustice maybe it can be prevented in the future to other puppies and dogs and unsuspecting people buying puppies.

***I have omitted names and places but this could be anywhere and it happens all the time. I will do everything in my power to put at least 1 one these horrible people to justice for the suffering they have put upon dogs.

RIP Dusty run free, drink clean water and good food in the cool grass....healthy and strong and beautiful

Also be aware that because of AKC rule changes the puppies that this woman bought, while not AKC registered but with a "pet register" can have their future puppy litters registered with AKC! Yes so to make money AKC has made it easy for BYB and puppy mills to register future generations AKC and can change Your kennel name as well on the paperwork. If you weren't aware of these changes made 1-2 years ago be aware.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Wonderful companions with the potential for so much more."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 09:27 AM

Re: I'm so mad...I'm doing something about this BYB

WOW! That sucks! (

Blake - 2008/06/03
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Crowned Member

I think AKC should be comepletely ashamed of what they have become~the C may as well stand for Ca$h...

I thank you for hopefully getting this "breeder" outed.

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Elite Member

PM me! I have to know who/where this is - is this in MO?! Oh that is infuriating!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Angela

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Crowned Member

thank you for caring.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Knighted Member

OMG - how dreadful. Thank you for doing what you could for Dusty, and for contacting the authorities. Poor girl, she deserved a better life than this. Who knows what kind of pain she was in from those tumors........

Run free at the Bridge girl, my Blue will be there to greet you....

__________________________________________________ _____
Susan

Anja GSD
Conor GSD -adopted from this Board
Blue GSD - waiting at the Bridge.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 PM

Do you know that this kennel was using AKC as the registry? Lots of times puppy mills use other registries.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Crowned Member

Good luck with your case against this woman, I hope she is punished to the full extent of the law and each and every one of her dogs removed from the premises.

Ashley,
proud owner of:
Jerzey, Bi-color GSD. 4/23/08
Koji, spotted shelter kitty.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Crowned Member

This is completely horrible! I regret supporting a BYB a long time ago, but at least those people truly loved their dogs. This is sickening.

SBD Posejpal's Leyna, HCTs 6/16/2010
SBD Posejpal's Hades, 5/9/12

At the rainbow bridge:
Zappa 12/27/00-1/23/12 You are my heart, my soul, and my best friend. You will be with me always.
Zeus 5/9/12-8/13/12 You taught me strength. Run free.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

***Update ****

The Sheriff's Department interviewed the attending Veterinarian yesterday and also myself based on the report I filed.

They are taking this abandonment case seriously! Hooray...justice will be served!

"Wonderful companions with the potential for so much more."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page