First Bitch - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
First Bitch

There's this bitch that has been for sale since around Thanksgiving. She is drop...dead...freaking...gorgeous with a pedigree to DIE for. 16 months old, OFA Prelims done and CLEAR (OFA Good Elbows Normal), ears up and firm, great personality, a little extreme in the rear for my taste but could be taken to something less extreme. Elegant, a little light on bone, but she is, again, proportionate, nice neck (maybe a little long).

Long story short, this bitch that started out at $2500 around Thanksgiving is now being offered for NO money exchanged. All the breeder wants is for her to be SHOWN and either have someone handle another bitch for her for a few shows, and/or ONE breeding back on THIS particular bitch (I would look over the contract forward and backwards).

Linebred on:
Proven Hill's Banker of Altana
WeLove DuChien's Matthew
Kismet's Sweetheart Deal
Jo-San's Enterprise
I can post a full pedigree if anybody is interested.

The bitch in question:

Here she is when she was first offered for sale:

Hopefully talks will progress and I'll go see her to evaluate

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Knighted Member

Re: First Bitch

oh jackie....sounds perfect for you..i know squat about lines and such.....but she looks nice and what a deal. hope it works out for you if it turns out to be what you are wanting!

~Alison

Shadow-10 year old GSD (03-16-99)
Duchess-4 year old GSD (11/04)
Gianna vom Wildhaus-GSD (3-2-09)
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks ! I'm hoping so too I believe she's just in Indiana, so I'd grab another GSD person and a video camera to take a look.

I can evaluate movement with lots of video, but what I REALLY want (because it can be sketchy in a few AmBred lines) is to see temperament and reactions to noise.

I don't normally care for so much linebreeding, but for a "starter bitch" when you want to breed, it can be fantastic.

Select quality? No. Finishable? Yes. And she would DEFINITELY do more than just conformation, which could please the breeder :-)

She's old enough that I don't have to worry about ears, and young enough that I feel comfortable taking her on and she can learn plenty of new things.

Her OFA prelims are also done already (Good hips normal elbows) so I know in that regard that at least right NOW she isn't a flop in the joints department.

I'd like shorter pasterns. I think hers are strong, just a little long.

Fingers crossed!

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Crowned Member

Jackie I see that you have already said you will look over the contract, it might not be a bad idea to have some one else look it over also, a set of eyes that have no vested interest in the deal. A person to play devil's advocate.

Write down you numbers, what it is going to cost you. Also take in to account that by showing the bitch you are increasing the value of the bitch.

Not a bad looking bitch, I agree she is a little more extreme than I like, but she has a very nice top line, her pasterns have firmed up, she could use more angle on the front shoulders.

Do you have a head shot?

Val

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Quote:Jackie I see that you have already said you will look over the contract, it might not be a bad idea to have some one else look it over also, a set of eyes that have no vested interest in the deal. A person to play devil's advocate.
I'm already arranging to take 2-3 extra sets of eyes with me that can be more objective

Quote:
Quoteo you have a head shot?
Not current...the one I have is from when she was first available and it's an icky puppy head shot. I do think she may be a bit narrow, but there are some nice boys with much better heads that could "fix" that. It's more in her cheeks than her actual skull (I call it "Flat
cheeked")

I try very VERY hard to keep my eyes open and not become jaded or kennel blind.

Jackie and the
(and one cat)

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Crowned Member

In the older shot the first one, it looks like she has some width to her muzzle, but maybe a bit of a roman bump in there. Her stop could be better, a bit of a ski slope. LOL but now I am being really picky.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

She appears a bit dishfaced in the photo, but it also seems a little blurred.

I'm picking her faults, but I'm being careful because, as you know, pictures can cause illusions. I DO see the small roman nose however.

Jackie and the
(and one cat)

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 PM

Not really up on the show lines, but she looks nice. I just wanted to comment on the "stacking blocks". What a great concept! Is that something used commonly amongst "show" people?
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to GranvilleGSD

She looks nice, and she will do some filling out as she gets older too. Those block stacking photos crack me up too!
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

They're called "Happy Legs" and they're $200 a set! Better to make your own or use soup cans/bricks! This is a very common method though :-)

Jackie and the
(and one cat)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page