Elite Member

how active..

...are your dogs indoors??

steve

"ok, go get your crack head"
tyson v. newbury- PSA PDC

"h*ll on wheels"
lucia v. logan haus - ruler of the world

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Crowned Member

Re: how active..

Does THIS answer your question?

Tracy

Siren vom Banach { Sable female GSD 3-20-08}

R.I.P. Wrangler male ACD/Aussie mix. 9-29-99 to8-29-11.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Elite Member

LOL Tracy... Riley currently looks exactly the same! (it was a busy snow day and christmas party fun).

we walk about 3 - 5 miles a day, but don't have much of a backyard so most of her activity is inside after that (especially in the cold weather )

Her walks keep her pretty mellow, but the ice, tug of war, and chasing after the vacuum always make her a bit crazy. active in the morning and when I get home from work- both are walk times, though!

-Sarah owned by my long coat clan:
my first love Gretchen vom Alpenhof (aka Riley)- born 3 Feb 2008
my first boy Garth Vader vom Haus Kohl (aka Vader)- born 2 Nov 2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Crowned Member

It really depends on the time of day and how much exercise they've gotten. Chama isn't very active in the house anymore but she still watches me a lot to be sure I'm not giving out treats while she's asleep!

And Rafi is very active in the morning. He typically plays with his toys and follows me around the house. After he's had his 3 short walks and his one long walk and playtime outside he is very sleepy! I am about to take him out for a snowshoe but he's fast asleep right now. He's mellower in the evenings unless he's been cheated out of exercise!

Kai was like an energizer bunny though. He did not stop moving unless he was crated. He was constantly inventing games for himself, playing with toys, etc.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: BowWowMeow
Kai was like an energizer bunny though. He did not stop moving unless he was crated. He was constantly inventing games for himself, playing with toys, etc.
I had one of those too. The ONLY time that dog EVER slept was if he was crated. (And that ws from 8 weeks on.)

His funnest "game" was to run full speed and hit the back of the couch (Not the "top" but the part your back rests against.) with all 4 legs and try to tip it over!

Tracy

Siren vom Banach { Sable female GSD 3-20-08}

R.I.P. Wrangler male ACD/Aussie mix. 9-29-99 to8-29-11.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Banned

my dogs are indoor dogs. they're outside for walks and play. i play with them inside but my GF doesn't really like it. my next door neighbor brings their Shepherd over to play in our yard or he brings our dog to his yard. when the dogs are playing in the yard one of us keeps an eye on them. we never leave our dogs unattended.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Knighted Member

OMG yes, Jesse is where we are all the time (unless on the rare occasion when grocery shopping etc). He gets 3 walks a day 20-30 minutes each plus play time in the house and out in the backyard. Summer time he swims everyday in our pool.

Lauralie
Jesse male GSD (Born November 6, 2007) and 3 cats

- Jesse's photos from 8 weeks to present and videos too

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Elite Member

Gunner never stops. He'll take a few short, half hour snoozes throughout the day and night but other than that, right up until bedtime he wants to play. If I'm not "busy", to where he knows that I'm doing something, he's bringing me the ball, playing with Riley, chasing the cat or doing something.
He will lay on the couch and chill out, but he's always watching me. If I give the slightest indication that I might be willing to play (like if I move) he's up like a shot and ready to go.
I love it. He definitely keeps me active!

Deni
Owned by:
Gunner - GSD - 7 years
Riley - Golden Retriever - 2 1/2 years
Jake - (aka Demon kitty) Gray & white tabby
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 01:44 AM
Crowned Member

My dogs are indoor dogs.
Cody sleeps most of the day since it hurts him to walk a lot due to his arthritis but he still likes to go on walks and run after the ball at the park for an hour. Isa also sleeps a lot unless she's outside. Since it's snowing here right now, finally, they like to be outside for a few hours and then sit at the door when they want to come back in.

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 05:54 AM
Crowned Member

Boneless blob. Bring out a giant spatula, and turn him every 30 minutes. He was more active indoors when he was fed kibble. Now on the raw (no carb jitters)-- boneless blob.

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page