What do your dogs do when they are in trouble? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

What do your dogs do when they are in trouble?

Molly, our Jack Russell, runs and hides when she knows she has been caught doing something bad. Her ears go back and her tail goes down. Then, she high tails it under the sofa or under a bed. She's so dramatic. She acts like we beat her.

Elmo is very sensitive. When he's in trouble, he comes to me with his ears back and pushes his face into my knees. It's as if he is apologizing and needs reassurance that we still love him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 01:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jessiem
Re: What do your dogs do when they are in trouble?

Bandit drops to the ground and rolls on his side, lol I like to say he's pretending to be a opossum playing dead. I have no idea if it might have to do with where he might have been before we adopted him or if it's just something he does.
Belle just kinda looks at ya like "I have no idea what your problem is" lol she could care less

It is funny how dogs react differently, My mom had a poodle that when she did get in trouble we knew right away when we got home because she wouldn't great us, until she knew we found what she did (usually tore up some paper) and then would slowly slink into the room with her ears back and tail down, and waited for us to clean it up and say hello.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Master Member

Just came home today to a pack of 100 syrofoam plates shredded in the living room!!!! It was my fault since I shouldnt' have left them out together....

Marley raced by me to get out the door, (no greeting???) I knew I was in for it when she did that...

Nike (or Pudge as I call him) just ran around the living room still shredding plates and having a good ol' time...

If we didn't know better we would always be blaming Marley!!

Mom to 4 girls
Marley - 1 yr GSD
Sampson - Chesapeake Bay Retriever 11 yrs
Precious - Witch kitty 10 years
Nike- 1yr Pound Puppy
Tinkerbell- 9 mo kitty
Lucy - 6 mo GSD - At the bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 AM

Goofy drops his head and body to the floor, tail wagging while looking up with his puppy eyes.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Crowned Member

"Mom, I thought that's the way you liked it." Wagging tails and kissing.

My dogs don't get yelled at unless they are in the act, like Ciana counter surfing. She knows not to do it, but will do it in plain view. It's one of those self-rewarding deeds. Even then she'll wag her tail and give kisses.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: BlackPuppy"Mom, I thought that's the way you liked it." Wagging tails and kissing.

My dogs don't get yelled at unless they are in the act, like Ciana counter surfing. She knows not to do it, but will do it in plain view. It's one of those self-rewarding deeds. Even then she'll wag her tail and give kisses.
Same for Mayzie!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Crowned Member

Lower his head and high-tail it out of there. Then he obeys all of my commands immediately! I wish he got in trouble more.... He's so good when he's in trouble....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Crowned Member

Thor will lower his head, ears back and give me 'the look'

Riggs rarely does anything wrong so doesn't really have a 'tell'

• Thor & Riggs Brothers to the end. 24 May 2005 - 17 Jan 2017
  • Misha-9 yr Calico kitty, Mischief-9 yr tabby hellion (littermates)
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to VectorSketcher

Rogue doesn't do anything yet, I am not sure she exactly knows she is in trouble or just doesn't care, ha ha!

Riddick, well he is very sensitive to my husband and I's emotional status, when he is in trouble he loweres his ears, tucks his tail between his legs and either flattens himself on the ground all the while looking up at us with his sad eyes....or he will lower his ears and run between my legs and look around my legs up at me as if to say I am sorry, all the while wagging his tail.

-michelle-
Riddick-4yr GSD
Rogue-1yr GSD
Bishop-10yr Cat
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Crowned Member

Coke runs and hides, usually in his crate or behind the couch. Usually that's if he is counter surfing or chasing a cat and I say "NO!" or bang something with my fist to get his attention and stop him.

Kenya doesn't really do anything bad, but if I say her name with frustration in my voice she will sulk, hang her head and maybe roll on her side. She is so submissive I have to be careful not to inadvertently "correct" her with words.

Nikon, well, he is only 10 weeks and his "bad" thing is that when we are going back in, right when I unleash him, he slips away and tries to run into the neighbor's yard through a hole in the fence. He's very fast and he knows I don't want him there b/c he waits for that split second when he has a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page