Who are you voting for in the pres election? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Who are you voting for in the pres election?

Hope this doesn't offend anyone..I got a mod ok..
Just kinda for fun and to be anonymous

-Steph

GSD's
Allie, gotcha 7/2007

Forever our angels
Meeka, b. 10/31/94-11/25/06
Kelso, b. 9/3/2006-2/09/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 08:02 AM
dOg
Elite Member

Re: Who are you voting for in the pres election?

Either way, we're doomed.
I've seen better debates in high school!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Elite Member

I think this is great
political anything goes with me

KATHY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Knighted Member

The way I see it, W and **** Cheney doomed us when they got elected in 2000. The mess that they got the US into will not be resolved, at least in my lifetime. The + with Barack and Biden, they will get the US back on some credibility level with the rest of the world. Mcain and Palin will ailienate us further.IMHO, the White House is not a place for mavericks, and we need to vote somebody in that will think more along a party line, and that would be the Dems.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Crowned Member

Dave Mustaine.* He's running as a write-in candidate.

*singer/guitarist from Megadeth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Crowned Member

McCain and Palin scare me
McCain looks like the crypt keeper on his last leg and I think Palin is an idiot IMO

Dawn
GSRNE Volunteer
"A dog a day keeps the Doctor away!"

proudly owned by:
Brady von Barren Berg, CGC GSD 5/4/05
Cooper von Nordosten, GSD 12/27/10
Missy, Chocolate Lab 3/9/03
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Master Member

Steph- What a great idea. I also like what you said about being anonymous. A political thread without the usual candidate bashing-what a novel idea! Good for you.

"Dogs are our link to paradise.To sit with a dog
on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back
in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--
it was peace."
Milan Kundera

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: littledmcMcCain and Palin scare me
McCain looks like the crypt keeper on his last leg and I think Palin is an idiot IMO
Took the words right out of my keyboard. Obama and Biden confused me during the vice pres debate when Biden was asked about benefits for homosexual couples and he said "we don't want to make any distinction between gay and straight couples whatsoever". They followed up with, "so, does Obama and Biden believe in gay marriage?" His response was, "absolutely not!!" Forked tongue syndrome, or what?

There is no way I could vote either way and have a clear conscience.

Inga Vom Holtzberg-Black GSD
Chaco-White Bull Terrier
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Danoduring the vice pres debate when Biden was asked about benefits for homosexual couples and he said "we don't want to make any distinction between gay and straight couples whatsoever". They followed up with, "so, does Obama and Biden believe in gay marriage?" His response was, "absolutely not!!" Forked tongue syndrome, or what?

This caught my attention- I think the dems are taking baby steps with this issue. (Which I agree with their position and angle they have taken to address this) The word "marriage" has too may religious ties. I don't care what they call it- as long as they do follow through with "no distinction between gay and straight" concerning the rights which are granted to straight couples when they tie the knot.

Cara
Here's my train of thought, you can follow it if you want.

~ GSD, born 2-9-2008
Lucky~ Golden Retriever, 2.5 years old
Mr. Monk~ Taunting Tabby Cat
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Caras_GSD
Quote:
Originally Posted By: Danoduring the vice pres debate when Biden was asked about benefits for homosexual couples and he said "we don't want to make any distinction between gay and straight couples whatsoever". They followed up with, "so, does Obama and Biden believe in gay marriage?" His response was, "absolutely not!!" Forked tongue syndrome, or what?

This caught my attention- I think the dems are taking baby steps with this issue. (Which I agree with their position and angle they have taken to address this) The word "marriage" has too may religious ties. I don't care what they call it- as long as they do follow through with "no distinction between gay and straight" concerning the rights which are granted to straight couples when they tie the knot.
I agree that there has to be baby steps involved in something like that. I suppose I am just disappointed that there is a need for baby steps and that no one is willing to "come out" with what they believe instead of what they believe will get them elected. I just think the difference between benefits and marriage should have been addressed. It sounded vague and two faced to me, since I have a different version of 'marriage' than most of America.
Many believed Clinton's "Don't ask, don't tell" policy was a step forward but I saw it as a cop out. Same goes for gun laws, tobacco use, marijuana, abortion. Step up and tell us what you would deem the ideal for society so we can get a peek at what you have in store for us in the future.

"I would like to see a society where it did not matter what your sexual preference is in order to be married but for now, we can't go that far so our policy would be......", would have made me 'feel' better. I realize that it would have been the atom bomb that destroyed the Obama campaign. It always comes down to the American people and what they demand from their government.

Inga Vom Holtzberg-Black GSD
Chaco-White Bull Terrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page