Quirks? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quirks?

Does your GSD or GSDs have quirks? If so what are they?

Zeus "Zeusy" - GSD 2 year old DOB 3-19-08
Baby - Cat 5 years old
Rhett - Cat 4 years old

Max, Champ, and Apollo waiting at the bridge.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Quirks?

Onyx likes to fold her frisbee in half like a taco shell. She won't carry it unless it is folded!
Kacie will come on the bed in the a.m and rub her face and snuggle in as close as she can get to me, while laying on her back.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:24 PM

Ary will moan and groan when she is sleeping or laying down and if I am sitting on the floor she loves to put her head in my lap and almost be doing a head stand it's weird. Oh and also she hates when her face is wet or dirty and will paw her face or rub it on things if it gets that way.

Brittany

Ary (gsd) <3 adopted 05-27-07 at 3 yrs old

Blake (lab) adopted 8-22-12 at 10 months old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Apollo and Zeus have weird quirks. Whenever Apollo first sees me in the morning, he comes up, tries to lick my entire face(fails mostly) and he MUST rub himself on me, kinda similar to Kacie actually. He also will stop play fetch with me just so he can bat around a tennis ball with his paws.

Zeus doesn't have many quirks, but he does snore quite a bit at night while he is sleeping in his crate. He also lays on his back with his belly up and feet against the side of the crate, it's the cutest thing! He used to howl when my sister played her clarinet.

Baby - Cat 5 years old
Rhett - Cat 4 years old

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Crowned Member

Renji will scratch his ear, moan and groan, then carefully sniff and inspect the scratching paw and delicately lick it once or twice. When he has to go out, he gives low whines (we call them "skooks") and paces in circles or up and down or the room perimeter.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Master Member

Kodee has always drank water from the far side of the bowl. It was really strange when he was little, b/c I bought a big bowl right from the start. Picture this little puppy straining to reach across the bowl to drink from the other side! He still does it!

He also likes to scratch with his hind leg, while standing balanced on his other 3 legs! Never fails to make me laugh. He's a case.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: KodeeGirlKodee has always drank water from the far side of the bowl. It was really strange when he was little, b/c I bought a big bowl right from the start. Picture this little puppy straining to reach across the bowl to drink from the other side! He still does it!

He also likes to scratch with his hind leg, while standing balanced on his other 3 legs! Never fails to make me laugh. He's a case.
that's so funny about the waterbowl! Occasionally Apollo will try to scratch himself with his hind leg while standing, but he usually falls over... Not too successfull with that!

Baby - Cat 5 years old
Rhett - Cat 4 years old

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Master Member

Baron has a couple

1. he chases his tail alot and when he catches it he gives a look like "well this is no fun" then he lets go and starts again.
2. he chases crickets. when he gets near one he smashes it with his right paw then swats it. Then he eats it if I don't get to him fast enough.
3. He chases flies. With such concentration he sits and watches determining the best attack. Then he lunges and SNAP catches them in mid air. The other night he was sitting in front of the 50 inch plasma tv and performed this fly killing method. I heard my wife scream and ran in. Both feet right into the screen of my new tv. Put a 8 inch scratch down the front of it.
4. He likes to hold his red rocket in his mouth and then look at me with those eyes that say "hey dad look at what I can do" I'm constantly yelling for him to stop doing that.

Theres a bunch more but I don't have all night. Oh and he lays in his crate upside down and he also has to rub against you first thing in the morning like hey you have clean pants on let me get my hair on them.

Rambo the annihilator (Chihuahua) Born 11/28/2008

RIP
Lord Baron von Stowcreek (GSD) 12/3/07-5/30/10
Murphy (chocolate lab)
Champ (black lab)
Trixie (shep mix)
Princess (malamute/shep mix)
Ponch (white GSD)
Mork (Daschund mix)
Shane (shep mix)
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Crowned Member

This rubbing on you first thing in the morning seems to be common, Are they pretending to be affectionate to really clean off their eye gunk? I hate it when my dogs have eye crust and I get it on me~YUK...try to clean it with a tissue whenever I see it.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 PM

Allie will let out a really loud groan as she's falling asleep or changing positions. I don't know how to describe it. She sounds like an old man. And she's done it since we first brought her home as a puppy. It's always cracked us up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in