Does your dog sleep with you - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Does your dog sleep with you

My 8mo used to sleep in her own bed in the living room but now in summer she sleep on my bed with me because it is very hot in the living room....so is it okay to
Have her sleeping with me..😃😃
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Elite Member

I have posted a survey about that very subject. It seems that about half of people sleep in bed with their GSDs. Here it is https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...-bedrooms.html

He prayeth well who loveth well
Both man and bird and beast;
He prayeth best who loveth best
All creatures great and small;
For the dear God who loveth us,
He made and loveth All.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 02:51 PM

No, now it's too hot to be with us in the bed. It's so hot here, that we had to move mattress out of bedroom to colder room.

She just stolen our fan. So we bring second. And now she has both. Good night!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180413_014059.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	494202  
Clare, KaiserAus and saintbob like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 05:10 PM

Never in the beds for sleeping, dogs are welcome to come up in the morning once the wife and I are awake and call them up.

Sleeping in beds if for humans only. Couches are generally fair game. we have two so there is usually sitting room as well for us, if not dogs are told down and they comply quite readily.

Our GSD is still only 10 weeks and his crate is at the foot of the bed, the Heeler Mix has her dog bed on my side and the Border Collie who refuses to use a dog bed. she prefers sleeping on the wife side of the bed
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 09:32 PM

Yes but more often than not he ends up on the floor or his bed after a bit then back up when he hears my alarm in the morning.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Elite Member

My dog is weird - all summer he happily slept in the lounge on the carpet, now that winter is approaching he wants to sleep outside in the cold on the concrete
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Crowned Member

Does your dog sleep with you

Max will sleep in bed every night. Luna will sleep in bed in stints some weeks itís every night then she will take breaks and sleep down stairs. One thing I find they sleep in the same spot all night which I never had a dog that did that lol! Dogs are clean and they donít seem to smell so they are allowed in the bed. Sometimes my chihuahua will sneak i from my daughter bed in my room.
andywhite likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 04-12-2018 at 10:29 PM.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 07:09 AM
Knighted Member

Max, Newlie and now Rocky have all slept in bed with me during their time. I don't remember Max ever getting down on the floor at night, but Newlie did quite a bit and Rocky does some. They get hot, I think, so jump down on the floor and then jump back up after a bit. I have become so used to it that I don't even notice, they just do their thing while I am dead to the world.
Narnsby likes this.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 07:42 AM

My gal-dog jumped up on the bed about a half hour before it was time to get up and decided that she had an itch! The entire bed shook as she scratched but my hubby and I dealt with it. Good thing she doesn't do that all the time.
Narnsby and Kittykattyness like this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlie View Post
Max, Newlie and now Rocky have all slept in bed with me during their time. I don't remember Max ever getting down on the floor at night, but Newlie did quite a bit and Rocky does some. They get hot, I think, so jump down on the floor and then jump back up after a bit. I have become so used to it that I don't even notice, they just do their thing while I am dead to the world.
Yes I sleep with the fan even in winter so the room is always super cool so I’m sure it is why they don’t get overheated and comfortable. Gsds seem to overheat fast when sleeping lol!
Narnsby likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page