Do you think a tax credit is a good idea for landlords that allow pets? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
View Poll Results: Should landlords be allowed tax credits for allowing pets?
Yes, please state why. 4 57.14%
No, Please state why. 3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Do you think a tax credit is a good idea for landlords that allow pets?

It seems a lot of dogs and cat owners are in a predicament of having to give of their pets when they lose their homes due to lack of housing that allows pets.

Do you think a tax credit incentive for landlords would help to keep pets out of shelters from folks who lose their homes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Purple"]Michelle
Mom to
Stella ~ GSD
Figgy ~ Tuxedo Cat
CoCo ~ Tabby Cat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP

Rio, GSD
SheRah, GSD Mix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Crowned Member

No, I prefer pets stay pets. I don't like additional controls over pets (like BSL, mandatory speuter...) nor incentives. It should totally be one's personal choice to own a pet. There are already laws and protocols in place protecting service dogs.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Crowned Member

As a landlord I let a tennent keep their pit,whose biggest threat was she would lick you to death. Here's the thing it saves money ,if people dont have to give up their animals b/c they have to rent how many pets would be saved from being PTS on the county who are dealing w/ dwindling funds from both state and federal. The only way though is to deal w/ theissues brought about by huge lawsuits and ins. compnies who foot thatbill. Need to stop typing now.We now have a no pet rule but I could be pushed to give it up by a responsible owner.Id rent to you guys butyou dont want to live at my rental its a little rough.I used to live there and it wasnt bad till about 4 years ago.

Last edited by Daisy&Lucky's Mom; 01-23-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Crowned Member

My landlord accommodated 3 cats and 3 dogs (legal zoning limit). I paid a security deposit (one month's rent) plus an additional $100 deposit per animal, so it's not like they weren't protected. When we moved out they had to repair some baseboards Nikon chewed as a puppy and decided to replace the carpet in the living area. Our deposits covered this and we still got a big chunk back. Seemed more than fair to me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Knighted Member

I have a rental property, I allow pets with the stipulation that there be no complaints from the neighbors or the dog/critter must go.
This tennant has, 2 little peeka somethings, rabbit, turtle and who knows what else. They do take care of the place & keep everything clean.
If my tennants had a GSD or large breed I would think about making CGC certificate a must and possibly ask to have the dog evaulated my my trainer. Insurance companies can bust your horns so, I have to think about that.
I honestly don't think our lovely government would even consider giving up 1 penny of tax money for pets, I don't think they really care.

Carolyn
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Wolfen - WGSD 12/31/14
Bull -WGSD 2-10-10
💔
Apache - Shiloh Shepherd 12/15/02 - 6/9/15
Kiya - Shiloh Shepherd 5/15/04 -12/19/25
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page