Would you Fundraise for your pet? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Would you Fundraise for your pet?

Would you? Doesn't matter if it's to cover a surgery or for cancer.

Would you Fundraise if you hadn't the funds to cover a Vetbill or would you feel bad and think it's wrong to go out and asker people you don't even know to give you money to keep your pet alive or to fix it up.

What do you think justifies fundraising and what doesn't?

Would you make a difference between a shelter dog and a police/search and rescue or service dog because they have a purpose or do you think it's a living beeing and they all deserve to live or simply rehome the dog or put it to sleep just because it can't be worked.

If you already fundraised for the dog, why did you do it and did it pay off in the end or did the dog had to be put to sleep because the procedure did not work? Would you do it again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 PM

Personally, I would not fundraise for one of my own dogs. I took on the responsibility it is mine. If I had a huge vet bill that I couldn't cover all at once, I know I could borrow the money from 'somewhere', or use a cc that I save for just that type of emergency.

I have no problem donating to say, a shelter or rescue, that has taken in an animal that is need of live saving med treatment.

I've never rehomed any of my animals, never plan to , they are here thru thick and thin, I wouldn't euthanize a dog because it couldn't be worked either.

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #3 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Elite Member

Short answer = NO

Gnash von den Sportwaffen IPO3x2, AD, HOT
Brimwylf Creasy BH, HOT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Crowned Member

If I didn't have the money for vet care for MY dogs I would not ask someone else to pay for it. I would sell everything I could, I would work out payment plans with a vet, I would take a second job.

I might ask for a loan from someone but I would not ask for donations - not for MY dog. When I got the dog I took on the responsibility of taking care of them. Even when both the husband and I were unemployed we managed to keep the dogs (7 of them) fed and had their health taken care of.
post #5 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:33 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

What everyone else said.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #6 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

How do you think about people that actually do fundraise for their dogs?
post #7 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:51 PM

It depends on the "fundraise",,for example, if I went and say, knitted 100 scarf's to sell in order to help for a vet bill I had, I wouldn't consider that 'fundraising' for myself. Atleast I'm 'giving' something in order to raise money. I'm selling a product that will help me pay for my vet bill (I also wouldn't say I'm selling these scarf's to pay for my dogs vet bill )

However, if one put a can out looking for people to drop money in it to cover a vet bill, I would tell that person to get off their butt and get a job like the rest of us.

It really depends alot on the circumstance for me whether I would donate or not.

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #8 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:52 PM

I wouldn't do a fundraiser myself. But I would not hesitate to donate to someone else that was to help there animal. We are suppose to do anything possible to properly care for our animals. So if this is there last and only options I would have no problems donating.
post #9 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
It depends on the "fundraise",,for example, if I went and say, knitted 100 scarf's to sell in order to help for a vet bill I had, I wouldn't consider that 'fundraising' for myself. Atleast I'm 'giving' something in order to raise money. I'm selling a product that will help me pay for my vet bill (I also wouldn't say I'm selling these scarf's to pay for my dogs vet bill )

However, if one put a can out looking for people to drop money in it to cover a vet bill, I would tell that person to get off their butt and get a job like the rest of us.

It really depends alot on the circumstance for me whether I would donate or not.
Well, isn't knitting scarfs and selling them kind of like having a job, just like working for dunkin donuts to cover the vet bills? It's kind of like self-employment for a purpose right?
post #10 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Skype™ to paulag1955
I would not fundraise for my own dog but I wouldn't hesitate to help someone else out with vet bills if I knew the person was doing the best they could but could still not cover the cost.

Paula
Shasta - GSD (4/30/10)
Thor - GSD (3/12/12)
RIP Duchess - Shetland Sheepdog (12/25/88 - 2/14/04)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page