would you buy from your breeder again? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
View Poll Results: would you get another pup from your breeder if you had the time/money for it.
yes, i had a great experience with the breeder and love the dog they produced 77 56.20%
no, but its just because i want different genetics or different drive/temperment 20 14.60%
no, i can't believe i purchases a dog from them 20 14.60%
yes and no. i really like my dog, but i don't really like the breeder anymore since she/he does not keep in contact with me or for other reasons 18 13.14%
maybe, if the right litter came along 11 8.03%
other- please explain.. (i tried to think of all the options i could) 7 5.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

would you buy from your breeder again?

just curious, if you had the time and money to support another gsd (and/or other breed) would you buy from your breeder again.. i will try this time to get enough choices in this poll :P

as for me, i would in a heartbeat. i love dia and her temperment. maybe in the future get a sibling of hers. i know melinda of gildafk9.com breeds for quality and i am very thankful for that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mar 19, 2011

Prince vom Gildaf "Charles" August 16, 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Crowned Member

I don't see a poll....

Hondo Von Dopplet L Bauernhof "Hondo"- GSD
Lilie's Tug McGraw "Tug" - Golden Retriever
Maggie - Mini Dachshund (Rescue)
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
I don't see a poll....
sorry, i was typing it..

, Mar 19, 2011

Prince vom Gildaf "Charles" August 16, 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 PM

I would not buy from my Sheltie's breeder again. Although she was mentored by an excellent breeder (through whom I found this litter), it was this woman's first time breeding and she made some significant mistakes with puppy care that made housebreaking incredibly difficult.

ETA. The dog himself was great aside from this and some temperament mis-match issues which were not the breeder's fault.

Last edited by stealthq; 06-23-2011 at 02:25 PM.
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Crowned Member

Yes, and I have. All three of my crew are from the same breeder.

Rosa

Mom to;
Shiloh, 8.5 year old LCGSD
Shoshona, 7.5 year old LCGSD
Eli, 5 year old LCGSD

Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks they are the greatest dog that ever lived!
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Crowned Member

I love my dog more than anything, he is perfect to me and everything I ever wanted. I do not regret him at all, but I do regret giving his breeder my money. They are BYB's and people I would rather not see ever again or talk to ever again.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Crowned Member

I used multiples!

Frodo -- no way, I cannot believe I ever bought a dog from them.

Arwen -- yes and no, no I could never get a hold of them. I did love my girl, but they were not the best breeders in the world. I have learned a lot from my experience with them.

Dubya -- no. Again I liked the dog, but in hind sight is was not a really good decision. They stopped breeding shepherds anyway.

Rushie -- yes and no. I really liked Rushie and his breeder was doing things good. But he lost his job, and then he put in more dogs, started selling them cheaper, and cut corners like health screenings and such. He diversified and is selling different types for all markets. I think he is a nice guy and has some nice dogs, he was happy to hear about the dog and happy to see him, but I think I know what I am looking for better now.

Odessa -- yeah I would definitely buy from him again. I did not even meet him, but he has been awesome through the procedure and she is an awesome bitch.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM

I love Stoli and could not imagine not having him or him being any different but he took a TON of work in the beginning with socializing sinc he was so skittish and scared of the world as a puppy. The breeder seemed nice and very good while I was looking for a puppy and had the certifications etc but I think next time I am in the market I will go a different route. Although ironically enough i met another one of her dogs recently who was definately more outgoing and sociable than stoli so maybe he was afluke who knows....
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Knighted Member

I answered in regards to my Shiloh Shepherd since my GSD is a rescue. I answered other because I would not purchase a pup from my breeder again but I didn't see the correct reason in the poll. My breeder is considered reputable and she's breeding dogs with good pedigrees but I have been waiting almost 2 years for my registration papers which is ridiculous. Jazz is from a dual-sired breeding and as far as I know the DNA hasn't even been sent in yet for analysis to determine the sire. I've have now ordered my own DNA kit from one of the breed registries and will be sending the sample in myself since both his sires DNA are on file. The registry I will be registering him with has said once I get the DNA results they will issue the registration papers for me. I shouldn't have to do any of this myself but after 2 years I've given up on my breeder.

I guess I should have picked the fourth option. I misread it. sorry.

Jazz, Shiloh Shepherd, 5 yrs old, CGC HIC
Bunny, GSD X, 7.5 years old
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

The vast majority of the dogs we've had over the past several years have been ones we bred ourselves (so safe to say we're happy with the dogs and breeder ). But we've had a few experiences with outside breeders, all very different, so I ended up picking several choices in the poll.

We've had a couple experiences where we got fantastic dogs, but wouldn't deal with the breeder again for other reasons (though a moot point as this breeder is no longer around).

A couple where dogs didn't live up to expectations, nor did breeder and wouldn't deal with that breeder again on both counts.

A couple where the dogs didn't turn out to be what we hoped for, but the breeder was fine.

And the most recent where dog and breeder are both exceptional and if looking for similar genetics again would most certainly go back to that breeder (and have recommended several others to that breeder as well).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page