Your dog and the vet - German Shepherd Dog Forums
View Poll Results: How is your dog at the vet?
Great, love it 90 58.06%
Unsure, a little bit afraid 53 34.19%
Afraid and uncontrollable 6 3.87%
Agressive 6 3.87%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Smile Your dog and the vet

How your dog reacts to the vet? Most dogs I see are afraid of vets.

Mine owever absolutly love to go to the vet LOL! He is absolutly not afaraid of vet and he is curious about it. Vets and technicians just love him so much because he is friendly with them and wants to play. They told me numerous time how adorable he is and how they love to have calm dogs like him, especially big breeds

How is your dog at the vet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Crowned Member

Stark loves the vets office. Tones of treats, dogs and cats to meet and pets from everyone.

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Crowned Member

Lucy's very good at the vet. I bring along a bag of carrots and she's a very happy camper.

She had pneumonia at a very young age so i was in and out of there a lot when i first got her so everyone knew her there and she got used to it. She's pretty good about it. She lets them check whatever they want to check without any kid of fuss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:06 PM

Dallas just went to the vet yesterday. She does well until they put her on the scale and then it starts to lift. Then she gets a little nervous and there is some panting. However, the second they are done and she is back on the floor she completely fine and will do tricks for the staff and collect her treats.
Willow has only been the vet for puppy shots and a few random visits for a weight check but it has always been positive and she enjoys the attention.

Candie
And my Girls.....
Dallas - ACD mix, 11 yrs
Willow - GSD, 5 yrs, CGC
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Crowned Member

I checked GREAT, LOVE IT - this applies to all four of the current Hooligans.

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Knighted Member

I had to go with unsure, a little afraid. But I can say all 3 are well behaved in the office.
Apache 8yrs is a chicken, he goes to the ophthalmologist at least 1x a year now and they were amazed how good he was even the 1st extensive exam.
Kiya 6ys became afraid after her seizures, I found out they put a muzzle on her and kept her in the cage all day. Ever since then she is afraid.
Lakota 7 months is a chicken.

Carolyn
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Wolfen - WGSD 12/31/14
Bull -WGSD 2-10-10
💔
Apache - Shiloh Shepherd 12/15/02 - 6/9/15
Kiya - Shiloh Shepherd 5/15/04 -12/19/25
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Crowned Member

Stosh is especially popular at the vet's office- he loves to go and acts like a big fluffy clown. They're always impressed with how well behaved he is and how much he loves going with whoever has him by the lead- no separation anxiety for him! He's 7 mos and sometimes pees on the vet's foot when she's examining him, she calls him The Lemon- a squirt every time she squeezes.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Knighted Member

J has a bad temperament to start with... Our vet trip includes me and someone else he trusts restraining him and covering his eyes while he's muzzled, the vet sneaking in and doing her thing, and leaving quickly...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sparkles, Lilith, Eve, Candy, Dahlia, Juno, Tonks.

Jaeger, Ben, Goose, Dirk, LingLing, Bentley, Elliot, Batman.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:17 PM

Sunny has only been to the vet once (we just got her) but the entire trip there, she howled like a monkey. At which point we almost renamed her to Monkey Dog. While there she was nervous but was soaking everything in and didn't have a problem being poked or prodded. We stupidly then thought, lets take her to the pet store and get a collar that fits her. She howled all the way there too. We thought all would be good on the way home because she was asleep in the cart, nope - woke up and howled some more.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Master Member

Mia loves them-they love her...Bella is reserved, but an excellent patient!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page