Politics and religion - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Politics and religion

Agree or disagree... are politics and religion issues to be avoided here? If you think one is ok and the other not ok, please say so and state why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Crowned Member

Politics aren't just to be avoided...it will get you banned.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Crowned Member

I've already stated my opinion several times in other threads, but i'll post once in here for my vote and leave it at that. I'll keep it as civil as possible.

If one is not allowed, both should not be allowed. If politics are banned, so should religion. If religion is allowed, there should be no reason to keep politics banned.

The fact that no one made a big deal out of religion before is not a good reason for religion being allowed and politics banned in my opinion.

Either ban both or allow both. Why should someone be able to choose that one is ok and the other isn't?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:45 PM

No problem with either. Re the daily bible verse, personally, I am blessed by them and look forward to reading them; they aren't obtrusive and one doesn't have to open if one doesn't want to. There have been religious threads that are not of my beliefs but I didn't throw a fit or try to start trouble. Move along on this subject.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
No problem with either. Re the daily bible verse, personally, I am blessed by them and look forward to reading them; they aren't obtrusive and one doesn't have to open if one doesn't want to. There have been religious threads that are not of my beliefs but I didn't throw a fit or try to start trouble. Move along on this subject.
I guess the same could be said for political threads too then.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM

I also want to point out that I think things like asking for compassion/good thoughts/posi mojo-vibes for a sick dog, or for a pup that has "passed over the rainbow bridge" don't necessarily fall into the "ban religion boat".

I do think that if politics are banned, posts strictly involving religion should also be banned.

Just a question - are posts about politics of breed banning/breed specific legislation, animal shelters, animal rights, etc also banned? Apologies - I am new to the board!

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]-Heather

Whitman ARCH, RL1X, RL1 (AOE), RL2 (AOE), CL1, CL2, CL3 3/01/2010 GSDx
George 3/01/2008 Orange Tabby DSH cat
Sofia 3/01/2008 Black DSH cat
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherr View Post
I also want to point out that I think things like asking for compassion/good thoughts/posi mojo-vibes for a sick dog, or for a pup that has "passed over the rainbow bridge" don't necessarily fall into the "ban religion boat".

I do think that if politics are banned, posts strictly involving religion should also be banned.

Just a question - are posts about politics of breed banning/breed specific legislation, animal shelters, animal rights, etc also banned? Apologies - I am new to the board!
Nothing to apologize about. Welcome!
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherr View Post
Agree 110% on that comment. I don't care what gets banned or doesn't get banned. Wishing good karma on someone or someones dog has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Crowned Member

Governmental politics, repub/demo/indie~ that is not to be discussed.
Current dog affairs has its own forum, and is open to discussion:
Current Dog Affairs - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Politics gets too many passions going, religion does so too, but most people can keep it respectful.
Rescue also can tend to get the passion going, more members have gotten warnings or bans due to the rescue threads and of course in the past, politics.
Personally I don't go into chat very often, and tend to stay with the GSD related forums, you go where your interests lie, and no one is forced to read anything. That is the beauty of a discussion board.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18

Last edited by onyx'girl; 07-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Governmental politics, repub/demo/indie that is not to be discussed. Current dog affairs has its own forum, and is open to discussion:
Current Dog Affairs - German Shepherd Dog Forums
And religion? Interesting omission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page