Is your dog(s) allowed on the couch? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Is your dog(s) allowed on the couch?

Just curious... is your dog allowed on the couch and/or bed?

Our couches and bed are strictly off limits. I don't want them getting all hairy

@Ellie_dog 's Mom
~My dog makes me smile at least 20 times a day~

Proud supporter of pet shelters, pet seat belts, and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:28 PM

Well it started out that way.....but

Before we got Lizzie I made an absolute "no dog on the couch" rule. That lasted about ten minutes. We had an extra chair in our den that we covered with a blanket and she would jump in that every time she was tired or we told her "away" because we were eating or just didn't want to play. So then....how could I confuse her by scolding her if she jumped on another chair? BUT the bed is strictly forbidden. From the age of 6 weeks she slept in a basket and then in a dog bed by my side of our bed where I could reach down and touch her. She still sleeps there.
post #3 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Crowned Member

Not allowed on couch, chair or my bed, he is however allowed on my ex's bed

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Crowned Member

My house is way too small not to allow them on the furniture. I have hairy dogs so why should my furniture be any different?

Elaine and the herd
post #5 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Elite Member

Nope. Front paws are ok when giving loves, but on the couch, no. Bed, never.

Zeva Female GSD 10/02/2009
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Waiting at the Bridge:
Buddy ~ GSD/Husky mix 1/00
Sadie ~ GSD 10/05
Lady ~ GSD 5/09
Pepper ~ Beagle 12/09
post #6 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Crowned Member

Not allowed on the furniture. I really don't think he'd be happy on the furniture anyway. He likes to streach out on the cool floor. However, when hubby is home, he lets him up on the bed for a quick hug before he is kenneled at night.

Our little dog is allowed up on the furniture. But Hondo really doesn't mind it. He can still reach her/me from sitting on the floor. Hondo isn't a big - gotta be touching you- type dog. He wants to see you - but he doesn't have to touch you. He'll follow me from room to room, unless I'm working in my bedroom, then he'll be in the master bath sleeping in the shower.
post #7 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Powell
Jolene sleeps on her sofa. That was MY sofa. It has blankets over it. She will not come into any of my bedrooms. When I had the upset that made me drink Immodium so I wouldn't go to the Commodium, after the output finished, I felt SO bad I wanted her beside my bed, so I had to put her on the leash and bring her into the bedroom, and she slept right beside me on the floor right next to the bed.

Powell
post #8 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Crowned Member

Yes, she's allowed on the couch and the bed. She only gets on my bed if I tell her to though, and I don't very often so it's not common.
Now that I got her a new bed she hasn't been getting up on the couch as often though.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
post #9 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 04:02 PM

No furtnitures allowed i also like it that way because if we go to someone's house who happens to be a neat freak i don't have to worry about the dogs jumping on someone else's furniture. They're not allowed on beds either. They're content being on the floor and have nice doggy beds of their own
post #10 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiebear View Post
No furtnitures allowed i also like it that way because if we go to someone's house who happens to be a neat freak i don't have to worry about the dogs jumping on someone else's furniture.
That's a good point, ellie has learned that she's not allowed on the couch so whenever i go to my parents, she doesn't get on the couch even though their dogs are allowed up.
But then one of my friends allows her up on his couch, so that is kinda confusing to her...

@Ellie_dog 's Mom
~My dog makes me smile at least 20 times a day~

Proud supporter of pet shelters, pet seat belts, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page