How early in the morning does your GS wake you up? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

How early in the morning does your GS wake you up?

I gave up trying to sleep in once I had my daughter, but NOW I've really given it up! If it's not Lexi waking up at 6 am, it's Bella waking me up at 5 am!!! Then of course they lounge around in the afternoon snoozing while I have to do housework, LOL!

Does ANYONE on this board get to sleep in???

Beth

Very Proud Mommy to Maddie (human) Lexi (German Shepherd) and Bella (cat)!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:08 AM

Re: How early in the morning does your GS wake you up?

I have a fairly unique situation in that I share custody (lol) of my girls with my mom. When I moved out, we decided that we would split their time between my house and my parents because they do not like to be separated.

Why am I telling you this?

Because the only days I can sleep in is when they are not here!

Of course, yesterday when they weren't here...the cat woke me up!!

Melissa & the Girls
*Grace, 7 yo GSD*
*Kira, 3 yo GSD*
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Master Member

NO! when we had one dog I could sleep in, but now wit the puppy I'm up around 5-5:30, and that's AFTER my husband has already let out at 3:00!! My trainer said to just let him bark, add 10 minutes a day...it worked the first couple of days, but not this morning!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Crowned Member

Renji wakes us up at FullBladder o'clock. I try to wake up EARLY on weekends to ensure that FB:00 doesn't come too soon, that way I can catch a few more Z's.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Master Member

Bella likes to sleep in as much as I do. Anna however is up to chase the non existing roosters out to crow! Since I broke my back, I cant sleep through the night all night. I get up every night between 2 am and 3 am and spend about an hour standing and leaning against the breakfast/snack bar in my kitchen. Bella has always been used to going out at this time so she goes and now
Anna goes with her, but as soon as it gets daylight, maybe even before, Anna decides to get Bellas tug toy, or even better, sneak under my bed, which Bella is too big to do now, and then she does the sneak attack/retreat that just gets to Bella. Then I hear Anna whine for me to come help! LOL! I get to sleep in when I am at work!

Ricci: Sable GSD Born 7/26/2010
Cleo: Dilute Ragdoll Kitten-9-10
Apu: Lovie- 4-10
Charlie and Peewee Cockatiels 1-10
Hercules: Ocelot- Rainbow Bridge 9/10
Bob: Aussie- rainbow bridge Feb 07
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Crowned Member

Onyx whines to go out at 4:30 every morning. Then DH gets up at 5:30. If I fall back asleep, it is only til 6:30 as the dogs know it is "time to get the kids up" They don't know the weekdays from the weekends...They do have internal clocks. Have to be fed at 7am and 5 pm or I will not be left alone. Great time for training as the focus on me is wonderful before their meals!

Dorian, I hope you have some relief for your back pain asap!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: DianaMRenji wakes us up at FullBladder o'clock. I try to wake up EARLY on weekends to ensure that FB:00 doesn't come too soon, that way I can catch a few more Z's.
Full bladder oclock, Thats way to funny! im lucky if i get to sleep in to 6:00 am on weekends. usually we are up at 5:30 weekdays so i get a wopping 1/2 hour extra on weekends

RAMSEY 10/07

Mark.o
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Crowned Member

We have a rule: If my eyes are CLOSED, Grimm may not touch, kiss, interact with me in any way when I am in bed in the mornings. He must also NOT whine. If my eyes are OPEN, he will grin, wag wildly, and come to me when *I* invite him by putting my arm out.

He is too big, I am too fragile, to permit him barging up to me while I am sleeping, nor waking me from very much-needed sleep.

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 AM

Benny lets me sleep but, he seems to know exactly when I wake up, all I have to do is roll over and he is there tail waging or on my bed if I invite him. My DH is up early but the dogs do not leave the bedroom till I take them out.

Mom to rescued
Riley 5/20/2005 Chow/Lab mix
Benny 6/17/2006 GSD mix?

post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Master Member

Any chance we can clone Grimm? LOL

Heidi-GSD- RIP
Dutchess-GSD RIP
Sadie-Lab-Silly girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page