How "sneaky" is your Shepherd? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

How "sneaky" is your Shepherd?

Lexi KNOWS she is not supposed to be taking her indoor toys outside but has developed some very sneaky habits in order to get them out - thinking we won't notice! She will carry the toy to the door (usually a stuffed toy) drop it, looking up at me like "aren't I a good girl, I am leaving my toy inside!" Then the minute I open the door she snatches the toy and takes off! Little bugger! So now I am taking the toy in my hand before opening the door. She also sneaks out empty pop bottles, one of her favorite toys! My yard is starting to look like a garbage dump, LOL!

Beth

Very Proud Mommy to Maddie (human) Lexi (German Shepherd) and Bella (cat)!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 AM

Re: How "sneaky" is your Shepherd?

Ranger is not sneaky at all....he's more the bull in the china shop type. LOL
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Crowned Member

Mine aren't too sneaky about that - course my back door is right next to my basement stairs so anything dropped either rolls down the stairs or I kick it down.

My neighbors girls though - they have a 2 year old GSD/Collie/Husky and a BC puppy, their yard is littered with toys. Those girls have ALL the toys!

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Crowned Member

Mine aren't sneaky at all
My Lab usually goes to door with undoor toy in mouth
I grab it out. Brady will bring his outdoor toys in (usually when its dh's watch) irratates me

Dawn
GSRNE Volunteer
"A dog a day keeps the Doctor away!"

proudly owned by:
Brady von Barren Berg, CGC GSD 5/4/05
Cooper von Nordosten, GSD 12/27/10
Missy, Chocolate Lab 3/9/03
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Crowned Member

Anna's less sneaky as she is more magician. I swear this dog can make a sock appear out of no where...it's like she pulls them out of her butt. One minute, nothing, two seconds later, she has a sock in her mouth.

She doesn't eat them, she just makes them appear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tiffany; mom to:
Annabelle "the Diva"- GSD born 9/21/08
Duncan- Shep Mix adopted on 2/14/00 TDI
The kitty amigos: Simon, Alley and Mia
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:08 PM

Well our GSD has the nasty habit of turning over his indoor water bowl. He knows he shouldn't and I'll usually stand watching while he drinks but boy if I look away for a second he turns it over or picks it up. Now I limit his inside water and only give him after exercise or a little after eating.
He'll look at me with eyes saying, 'how can you think I'd ever do that again, i know you don't like it when i do it...' and then as soon as i look away he grabs it. Why I don't know. It's not like he plays with it. Just picks it up and then throws it down again. When he was a little younger he would bring me his food bowl when he wanted to eat, or his water bowl when he wanted water. I don't know what went wrong! Maybe he is trying to say he DOES NOT want water? Hehehe!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: aubieAnna's less sneaky as she is more magician. I swear this dog can make a sock appear out of no where...it's like she pulls them out of her butt. One minute, nothing, two seconds later, she has a sock in her mouth.

She doesn't eat them, she just makes them appear.
Same with Blake, but that is our fault in part. We would teach him to take off our socks. (Whole theory behind it was he should learn to work softly with his mouth) Now he likes socks so much he tries to take it off while we're putting it on!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Quote: Lexi KNOWS she is not supposed to be taking her indoor toys outside but has developed some very sneaky habits in order to get them out - thinking we won't notice! She will carry the toy to the door (usually a stuffed toy) drop it, looking up at me like "aren't I a good girl, I am leaving my toy inside!" Then the minute I open the door she snatches the toy and takes off! Little bugger! So now I am taking the toy in my hand before opening the door. She also sneaks out empty pop bottles, one of her favorite toys! My yard is starting to look like a garbage dump, LOL!
Yep, that is my house X 4.

~Tracy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style="color: #000099">Xandor vom Haus Sevens, IPO 3
Emma vom Haus Dieffenthaler

</span></span>
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Master Member

My two dogs do that ALL the time. Harley's favorite stuffed animal was this elephant I found at Walmart, they also had a pig & a gorilla. I didn't want him taking it out because it would get ruined. But they do the same thing, they grab something & at the door I tell them to drop it & they do, I think they take advantage of my husband.

So Harley's elephant ended up outside & although they tear up stuffed animals he just would suck away on this one. The material must have been weakened from being outside, it finally ripped, then they tear the stuffing out & it has to go.

Wal Mart hasn't had anymore of these, well the one closest to our house, we're actually going down to Monroe, about 30 miles to look at the Wal Mart there to see if we can find another of Harley's elephants. Since the snow has melted I'm a bit embarrassed of all the dog toy, chewies, out in my yard, most of them smuggled.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Master Member

My boys are pretty good about their water bowl in the house, only gets spilled if they play & bump into it because it's by the patio door.

For whatever reason though, if I put water outside for them, like when it's warmer, they will overturn that bowl every single time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page