How many of you have created a monster??? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to VectorSketcher
How many of you have created a monster???

I have just created the one so far, and that is Rogue, my 7 month old pup, it took me awhile to get her to actually bring the ball back to me and drop it. It use to be I throw it, she would chase it, run half way back to me then stop and pull some shinanigans so I would have to chase her down and get the ball from her. It took many moons for myself, along with my other GSD, Riddick, to get her to understand the concept of fetch, and now...I have created a monster! She wants to play ball all the time!

Even as I sit her typing this she is pushing her toy into my leg and foot trying to provoke me to throw it...I guess I will have to take and hide her ball until it is actually time to play ball...just curious on how many others out there have absent mindedly created a monster?

-michelle-
Riddick-4yr GSD
Rogue-1yr GSD
Bishop-10yr Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Elite Member

Re: How many of you have created a monster???

Ava is crazy about her ball, loves that toy more than anything! I go through so many tennis balls!!

GSDgirlAL-Proudly Owned by:

Ava - GSD
DeeJay & Shelby - Beagles
Cooper - Golden Retriever
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Our "little" 10 1/2 month old Luther is toy-crazy, too. We have taught him to give us the toy nicely and to sit before it's thrown (adding in some training to the madness). I am reminded of our son, who at 10-11 lived to play monopoly - it was an every-night-after-dinner ritual in our house for a loooonnng time.

Martie
Luther GSD 3/18/08
Otto Mix Spring 07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Elite Member

Jack is a nightmare with his ball and rope toy... He brings it I thorw it for minimum of an hour and this is in the house LOL

KATHY
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Crowned Member

Brady is obsessed with his ball
Hence why I call him Boo Boo boy
when you have bal in hand that is all he pays attention to
so running into car, house, bush or tree doesn't phase him

Dawn
GSRNE Volunteer
"A dog a day keeps the Doctor away!"

proudly owned by:
Brady von Barren Berg, CGC GSD 5/4/05
Cooper von Nordosten, GSD 12/27/10
Missy, Chocolate Lab 3/9/03
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Crowned Member

My girl Neke was a ball monster. When she was 13 we brought her with us to dog camp (I was giving a seminar).

We took her and the other dogs down to the lake to do some swimming. She kept bringing the tennis ball to us and we'd toss it it the water - just a few feet out. It didn't take long before she was SO tired she almost couldn't make it out of the water. We decided to call it quits and started to walk away with the gang.

She wasn't ready to stop. She grabbed the ball and brought it over to one of the other campers and dropped it at her feet.

She would have chased that ball until she died.

Her son Riggs was also ball obsessed but he didn't care as much for the retreiving part. If you threw it he would bring it back but if you waited for him to bring it closer he would just walk off and play with the ball by himself, flipping it with his feet!

Tazer, our Cocker, is also a ball monster. The only thing he likes more is lure coursing!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Knighted Member

Jesse is toy crazy, all toys, balls, cuzs, stuffed animals, tugs etc. he was easy to train fetch by 4 months, once I knew he knew what I meant, if he didn't bring it back when I asked I ended the game, he soon learned if he didn't bring it back to mom and drop it all fun stopped. Also helped doing fetch and teaching to bring it back and drop it by using 2 balls. He would always want the one I was holding.

Lauralie
Jesse male GSD (Born November 6, 2007) and 3 cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Jesse's photos from 8 weeks to present and videos too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to drkcloud4u

yup, Jack wants me to constantly play ball with him! I keep asking him "at some point aren't you tired & bored of this?". The answer is always no.

I feel bad sometimes cause the only way to get him to stop is to tell him to go lay down.

Mom to: Jack(GSD), Ghost(GSD mix), Daisy(TWC), Ripley (CAT), RIP Scooner(GSD mix), RIP Mya(CAT), & RIP Citron(CAT)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Elite Member

i have! toys always in my lap

steve

"ok, go get your crack head"
tyson v. newbury- PSA PDC

"h*ll on wheels"
lucia v. logan haus - ruler of the world

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Crowned Member

I dont' think I have had one who is NOT a monster!

My boy will swim forever for a stick - once I had him in a lake, and he would NOT come out of the water, he tried to hide behind some vegetation, his ears barely showing...I had to start the truck before he came out of the lake. He also will tug and fight with dumbbells - a dictated training created behavior that backfired and basically ruined his competition career...he loves those dumbbells!

My keyboard is constantly bumped by cuz' or orbees - and I find them in my bed, in the tub - everywhere I go, there are toys cached, and a dog ready to play with them.

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page