What toy takes the longest to destory? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

What toy takes the longest to destory?

Lately Jerzey has been in the mood of destroying her toys. Generally, she'll play with them not set out to pull them apart... I was wondering what toys have been able to "last" (at least for more than 10 minutes) your dogs worst destructive streak.

I could really use the advice because Jerzey basically has nothing left to chew on, except a bunch of empty water bottles.

Ashley,
proud owner of:
Jerzey, Bi-color GSD. 4/23/08
Koji, spotted shelter kitty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 PM

Re: What toy takes the longest to destory?

From what I've read on here the black kongs are some of the more durable chew toys.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Elite Member

Yes, the black Kong is the most durable out of the other colors. Maybe buy one and see how she does with it, but before letting her play with it on her own supervise to make sure she cant bite any pieces off. You will want to inspect it often too just to make sure that its still intact and there are no missing pieces.

Jessica
Annie- 3 yo GSD
Beowulf- 1 yo GSD
Highplains Christmas Shimmer- Noel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Elite Member

The Galileo from nylabone. if you have a dog that can destroy this, then you have a DOG!

RAMSEY 10/07

Mark.o
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 03:37 AM
Elite Member

Good luck. I have tried probably a 100 different toys that seemed to be indestructible. They destructed up pretty quickly for us When you consider the bite power of a dog I guess it's pretty hard to make/find something they don't destroy. I also find that some toys they don't destroy and some are gone in minutes or hours. Maybe the ones they destroy mean they're the ones they really like?

Deb • Riley & Nissa
Rainbow Bridge • Damien Katy Crocket Kayla Gypsy Toby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
German Shepherd Dog Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
• web sites for Rescues, Shelters and Pets
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 05:54 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: markstevenThe Galileo from nylabone. if you have a dog that can destroy this, then you have a DOG!
These are great, I have never seen a dog get through one. They really hurt when they land on the toes....

Mom to Bart 13 yr old shep/chow 1991 - 2005
Kasey rescue from GA-BrightStar resue
Denver Rescued from Long Island-BrightStar rescue
Rudy Rescued form Queens-BrightStar Rescue
Gabrielle Rescued
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:16 AM

We have been very surprised at the toughness of the Orbee-Tuff ball. Both our dogs are really tough on their toys - All the Cuz's in our house are missing feet - tried bully sticks once and they were eaten like food. When we got the Orbee-Tuff, we were concerned that it was too soft and quite sure all the raised stuff on it would be gone very soon - but somehow it's been just fine. We got the one with the rope and that was history in the first 5 minutes - but amazingly, the ball really stands up to our guys.

http://leerburg.com/788.htm

Martie
Luther GSD 3/18/08
Otto Mix Spring 07
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:34 AM
Crowned Member

If you are talking stuffed type toys , I just bought a lobster that was sewn really tight around the sides and then quilted. The claws have squeakers in them. My foster Hawkeye has destroyed all the plush toys we had, some of them were from when Onyx was a pup. So I thought I'd try this. It has been two weeks and it is still alive! This is big enough that the dogs will use it as a tug toy. It costs about $18.

Tuffies Ultimate Sea Creature Lobster Dog Toy
The Tuffies Lobster is your dog's "Maine" Man. Since he is a Lobster, he is ready to play all day in and out of the water. This lobster can't wait for the fun to begin!
Tuffies Lobster is designed for medium size dogs who like to whip their toys and play tug. Each toy multiple squeakers. Your dog won't grow tired of this exciting new toy!
Tuffies Pet Toys are Vet Recommended and Approved!
Ultimate Construction: Each toy is made with two layers of industrial grade nylon, and one layer of soft fleece on the outside. All of the layers are sewn together to make one super strong layer of material. Each toy is sewn together with 2 layers of linear stitching. After the toy is sewn together an additional piece of black nylon trim is added to cover the four rows of stitching. This extra piece of nylon is sewn with 3 linear stitches to give the product a total of 7 seams! Now that's one tough toy!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Elite Member

One more problem with the Galileo, my dog likes to drop it on my ceramic tiled floor and it cracked two tiles already. thats how tough that Nylabone is.

RAMSEY 10/07

Mark.o
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Crowned Member

I freaking LOVE the lobster!!!

Tiffany; mom to:
Annabelle "the Diva"- GSD born 9/21/08
Duncan- Shep Mix adopted on 2/14/00 TDI
The kitty amigos: Simon, Alley and Mia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page