German Shepherds Forum banner

Schatzi

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Nscullin 
#1 ·
Im just starting this thread to share my girl with you all. Will be posting updates periodically with training/pics to keep track of progress. Any opinions or constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. I’m all ears and looking to learn. Hope you all enjoy the pics. Schatzi came home with me on 9/14/19 at 14 weeks old.

First day home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
she is adorable. Take a look at the sticky threads. You will find out what are typical issues with GSD pups. Also, see if you can find a good trainer / mentor who knows about GSDs pups. They aren't glass teddy bears. They need firm, fair rules, clear expectations and consistency (no letting them get away with things because it is cute). You will need a good sense of humor and patience. Our dogs often take a couple of years to become adults mentally. It is all very exciting.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Update:

Schatzi’s training has been going well. Perchwork is coming along nicely when going to the right after only about 5 sessions. Starting to reverse it now. Working on increasing her ball drive. She already loves it but isn’t quite the “crackhead” I’d like to see for it lol. Pivots to the right in a foos position are also looming good. Focus is improving.

With her training going so nicely, we got the opportunity to take duke out today. He is “the breed that cannot be mentioned” in a recent threat. While I chose to stay out the controversy, I would like to remind everyone that their are responsible owners and irresponsible ones no matter the breed. He is a rescue that I got at 5 or 6months, can’t remember now. He’s 2 at this point.

#16 ·
Schatzi is now right at 8 mos. she’s currently going through her first heat. It’s made her cuddly and lazy. I can’t wait for it to be over lol. Dreaming of clear skies and protection work. Now if we could only heel sigh. Lol. We will continue working.
Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

#19 ·
ahhh yes. the "will you please get OFF me" stage. LOL I forgot to tell you that.
Lol. It’s horrible and great all at the same time. It’s like
Me: “hey, get up let’s go train”
Her: “nah, I think I’m good for today, I’ll just lay on top of you”
Me: “well it’s really not optional”
Her: “wanna bet, I’ll sniff this grass for 45 mins and then suffocate you by cuddling”

[emoji23]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.