Saturday, so you want to be a breeder... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s_adams View Post
Want to be a breeder? No thanks! One dog is enough for me now! I'm in awe of your commitment to your dogs!
Well, I did think today that I am too old to be climbing into igloos to find puppies buried in straw.

A few years ago, I thought I was too old to be climbing out of windows to go after a bitch who had her pup outside in the rain. But yeah, that is what we do. One of my doggy doors, is in a door and I can just walk out the door. The other is through a wall, and that goes into the puppy pen. So to get to a bitch quick, I'd have to go through the house, out the other door way, through near field which may or may not house a dog, and then through the other kennel with the dog door in the door, and then into the puppy pen. If you need to get there quick, then grab a clean rag and go through the window to get the puppy and carry it back in, and the bitch will follow.

Been there, done that. Too old now. But that is where I have puppies, so I might climb through that window again.

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 10:03 AM
Crowned Member

Such a nice set up. It looks like puppy paradise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Well, the girls did not leave Chicago until about 2 this afternoon, so they did not get back until late, and they were not going to get to my parents house until 9:30 or so. So, they would not be seeing the babies outside.

Inside is dark at night.

So, I went home after the Browns lost, and put the puppies in the yard with their mother. I went in and had some food, and worked my puzzle and read my book until I was falling asleep at the table. So I had a little nap, and it was getting dark, ok it was dark. I got the muck bucket (the clean one in the house that I use for a dog-toy box), and the flashlight and put a couple of cans of food and yogurt out for Karma, and then jumped the little fence to look for puppies.

I transported them and their dam to Mom's to wait for my sister. It was about 11:30, but I let the kids and my mom hold puppies. Karma went over and lay between my nieces. She was so sweet.

I took her home and came back to see Analisa open her presents. The kids loved the puppies, they called them chicken nuggets, not sausages anymore.

Tired now. Time for bed.

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page